SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20).
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20). Login/Join 
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
This is incredible. Very generous Karma. The generosity of this Forum is amazing

Posts: 397 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Aloha,

As of July 29, the Wife, the 2 senior dogs and I will be on a Jet Plane on our way to Texas.

We Hope to apply for our Texas Driver's Licenses as soon as possible after we get there.

Our house is SOLD and we are out of Escrow, just waiting for the $$ to get to where we want it to go.

We will be looking for enough land so we can have our own shooting range and hunting.

We are hoping to find something in Llano area.

We are anxious to start a new life Adventure in Texas.

This will be my First time living somewhere else other than Hawaii.

Not so much for the Wife as she is from Minnesota.

Hoping to put faces on some of the names on the forum.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Report This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
We did it!

Finally made the move from the center of liberal idiocy (Cook County, IL) and moved to NW Arkansas.

I’ve celebrated by buying a new rifle and the Walther P99c that Para posted about. Freedom is amazing (it’s also freeing up space in the bank account...)

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
YogiBear is done.

oddball and reloader-1, you guys are the latest. Contact me, when you're all set for FFL transfer. Smile

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
12131, I can't thank you enough.

I just officially became an Arkansas resident today, trading in my IL license for an AR one.

Step 1 - pick up my Walther P99c.

Step 2 - Email 12131 Smile

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in. I actually texted about moving last week reguarding silencers. The reasons keep adding up. Early retirements good pensions, Daughter is graduating high school. The house is the bay area is worth a fortune. The new tax cuts (?) are costly. The county made it illegal to rake up my leaves. (Seriously, Republic Setvices has an exclusive franchise to collect and haul all solid waste and recyceling). In attempt to register my bullit button S&W MP 15 the CA DOJ firearms people advised me, under penalty of perjury, to "Just guess" as to the date I bought it. Then, I asked, in regards to the requirement to take pictures of all 4 sides I asked do you want it when it's wearing the 17 Rem upper, the 223, the 7.62 X39 ? He hung up.
The jerk at the LGS is becoming intolerable, especially when he decides not to take the mood stabilizers the the doctor prescribed. Almost no where to shoot anymore. Hunting oppertunities few. Traffic is awful. Fire season lasts all Year. So it is time for a change. This spring the house goes on the market, by June we will be living in North Dakota on the farm in grandpa's house , or what is left of it, to figure out what's next, but it is to remote, depopulating and depressing. Most likely will end up in the black hills of South Dakota or Central Texas. I am going to miss California something awful, mostly great people, weather, diversity of experiences, ect. California has been great to us, But is time to go. Sad.

In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! I just bought my house in Tennessee yesterday. Will be escaping CA Bay Area By April 1st. (For Real) cant wait to get rid of this state.

Awesome thing you are doing for those of us while your supplies last
Cheers Jaycat

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Report This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
12131, you kick ass!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Report This Post
Picture of notarex
posted Hide Post
What an excellent karma! I just recently moved from CT to NH in October and if anyone out there is on the fence about moving- do it! I left a good paying job because we saw the writing on the wall, and though it's been a bit of a struggle while looking for work- I started my new job yesterday. It really is like a whole new world up here, a great oppressive weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Not sure if I qualify, as I've been here for 3 months already- but I want to share my earnest wish that all those behind enemy lines could experience the raging freedom that comes with living in a sane state.

Posts: 498 | Location: NH | Registered: August 06, 2011Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Went thru the Texas DMV process Thursday, a much better experience than any CA DMV I've been to. Same with registering and titling the cars. Will get my license in the mail in a couple of weeks. Once I get, I'll check back with ya Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
WOW! All I can say!

Well almost, hope never to see MI added to the list. We are not perfect here but better than some.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Went thru the Texas DMV process Thursday, a much better experience than any CA DMV I've been to. Same with registering and titling the cars. Will get my license in the mail in a couple of weeks. Once I get, I'll check back with ya Wink

reloader-1 is done. You are next, neighbor. Cool

Q

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
WOW! All I can say!

Indeed!

quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Well almost, hope never to see MI added to the list. We are not perfect here but better than some.

A lot better than many, really. Now, if we could only do-away with those verkakte criminal enterprise zones....

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, you have got to be one of the coolest cats on this forum!

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ This is my thoughts exactly. Very generous man.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t come here often enough, thinking this theead was a april fool’s joke. But wow, in this day and age, cannot believe someone would be so generous. Anyway, escaped ca last year into the more free state of WA. I don’t know if i am too late to the game, but just want to say thanks to the generosity of the op. God bless.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Liddlebit:
I didn’t come here often enough, thinking this theead was a april fool’s joke. But wow, in this day and age, cannot believe someone would be so generous. Anyway, escaped ca last year into the more free state of WA. I don’t know if i am too late to the game, but just want to say thanks to the generosity of the op. God bless.

Escaped California to Washington....lol

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

This gave me a good chuckle.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dar185:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

This gave me a good chuckle.

Give him credit. He said "more free state of WA". It's all relative. Big Grin

Q

Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I just started a 3 month contract in Hanford, CA, a nice Trump town. Still behind the wall of shame, so can a get a heavy sigh and a hearty handshake? Its really not too bad here, there is a sweet indoor range that's all you can shoot for $35 a month and good eats. Feels nekkid not carrying, but I shall persevere. 3 months of Sequoia Nat'l Park, Yosemite, and the Pinnacles should take my mind off things!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Report This Post