SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20).
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20). Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
I recently came up with another fun idea for a new KARMA thread:

Any SF member who currently lives in a commie state (CA, CT, DC, HI, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NY), who manages to escape permanently to a free state, will receive a P228 from my collection. That's it. That's the only rule. Cool

Realize that this will be ongoing, as long as I'm still breathing and on SF, and of course, while supply lasts. Or, when I decide to end the program. Razz

ETA: Just post in this thread, when you will be escaping, and when you're all settled down and are ready to receive your SIG. Cool

ETA #2: Thanks to para's suggestion, I've added some requirements. I must have a copy of your old state's license, your new state's license, and a copy of your FFL in your new free state, for verification purpose. Thanks.

ETA #3: Your escape does not count retroactively. Sorry. The KARMA offering starts today, 3/30/17.

Also, taking suggestions from some of you, another requirement for those members who join after today is this. If/when you post in this thread of your imminent escape, at the time of posting, you must have 330 posts (majority of them must be meaningful contributory posts, and not all in the new member greeting section).

And, where is my manner? Thank you, para, as always, for this wonderful place, for without it, none of this would have been possible. Cool

ETA #4: Added Oregon to the commie list.

2/10/20 - UPDATED LIST OF COMMIE STATES - Not good for any us, as it is getting longer.
CA
CT
DC
HI
IL
MA
MD
NJ
NY
OR
VA
WA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Just wow! Cant play, but just wow!

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
If our governor has her way, you can add Oregon to that list. No relation, but her last name is Brown. Same color we flush down the toilet every day. Same as Kalifornia’s governor. I tried to vote her out but it didn’t work. Grrrrr

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy shit... Batman! Eek

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Man, if only I had joined SF before moving out of NY.. And if this had been running 8 years ago..

Either way, WOW! Very generous of you.

I like it. Cool

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have been talking seriously about making a move out of this insane asylum of a state. This incredibly generous karma is another weight on the scale for me! Thanks, 12131 for such a great karma!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
My wife brought up moving out of Connecticut again last night at dinner...

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Report This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Outta SoCal to Nashville here!! Although we left 11 years ago, does that count Wink?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Can you change the date to 3/30/67? Then I'd qualify for leaving the People's Republic of CA. Razz

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous, indeed!

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Terrific, generous karma.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Cool

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite generous of you. Now to convince the wife to leave CT

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Time to look at ultra short term rental in DC Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of geektoad
posted Hide Post
Any chance I can get in for having escaped two of them in the past? Grew up in IL and made the mistake of living in MA for 4 years. Wink

Amazing karma!

Posts: 95 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 05, 2010Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Hmm, one day early so it can't be April fools. Uhhh....I realize this might be a long shot but here goes nothing. Does escaping Virginia count? Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Any SF member who currently lives in a commie state (CA, CT, DC, HI, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NY), who manages to escape permanently to a free state, will receive a P228 from my collection. That's it. That's the only rule. Cool

Realize that this will be ongoing, as long as I'm still breathing and on SF, and of course, while supply lasts. Razz

Does seeing the handwriting on the wall and moving out of washington state in 2011 count? How about seeing the handwriting on the wall again in 2013 and moving out of CT in 2014 count? I now live in Va.... yay

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Uncle Clark, are you sure you ain't Santa Claus?

Posts: 17883 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Aloha,
Soon to change to Howdy y'all.
Just as soon as we can empty our home, it will be up for Sale.
We will be moving to Texas Hill Country.
We can't handle to political climate here in Hawaii.
Would we qualify for His & Her Sigs.
Hopefully we will be in Texas by middle of summer.
What kind of proof do you require that we have moved?

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Report This Post