SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I-PHONE- calender-muslim holidays
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I-PHONE- calender-muslim holidays Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
My I-phone 7 recently updated, now it seems my phone has all the Muslim holidays listed.I didn't ask or request these and I want them off my phone.
My Wife had the same thing happen to her phone, she was on a chat with Apple but could not come to a solution other than a trip to the Apple store.
Any body else experience this forced diversity?
Any body know how to get rid of it?

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Mine did the same thing.
It's not just muslim.
There's jewish... indian... bullshit "american"...

As far as i know there's no way to get rid of it all.
Kind of absurd to call it "U.S. Holidays".

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Click Calendar at the bottom of the screen and uncheck "US Holidays", and press "done" and it will turn all of them off.

Its all or nothing it seems.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Go to “Settings”.

Down to “Calendar”.

Down to “Alternate Calendars”, and make sure it’s set to Off.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freedom is the
oxygen of the soul
Picture of 10P8TRIOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Click Calendar at the bottom of the screen and uncheck "US Holidays", and press "done" and it will turn all of them off.

After doing this you can subscribe to a US Holidays calendar that has only US holidays. In Safari, go here a subscribe:

webcal://files.apple.com/calendars/US32Holidays.ics

I did this because my iPhone calendar did not have Easter. It had April Fools Day, but not Easter.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...aster-from-calendar/

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1086 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: December 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Well that's sucks. Hopefully Android doesn't start that nonsense.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of np149
posted Hide Post
Forced diversity for our own good! Your betters have spoken! Now pick up that can! Mad

As Nismo said, unsubscribe from the politically correct Apple version and load up on non-PC ones.

I found this place, Calendar Labs online. They have calendars you add into your iPhone calendar. They are subscription based (free) and will ping the server from time to time and update themselves if necessary.

This one put Easter and Good Friday back onto my iPhone for me:

https://www.calendarlabs.com/i...ristian_Holidays.ics

Posts: 236 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its one thing to point out certain non-US holidays when there's enough of that culture spread across the country, I'm fine with it. There's Chinatown's in every city and town, there's a Spanish speaking population/neighborhood in virtually every city and town, there's usually a Jewish population in every major city BUT,....there's very few Muslim population concentrations in this country, aside from parts of NYC, New Jersey, Michigan where else?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
A bunch of you blew right past Muddflaps post, which is the simplest way to keep your calendar but not have Chinese, Hebrew, or Muslim holidays listed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sounds like some people need to go back to the Jitterbug phone.

No MOOOSLEM calendars on that! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
A bunch of you blew right past Muddflaps post, which is the simplest way to keep your calendar but not have Chinese, Hebrew, or Muslim holidays listed.

Mine has been set to off on both phones, and I still have holidays that I don't know, or even pronounce.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post