SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone here have a Toyota RAV4?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here have a Toyota RAV4? Login/Join 
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Exact same experience as V-Tail. Wife has '19 Hybrid Limited. No issues, she loves it, similar MPG.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Wife had a 2008 Limited, 2015 Limited and now a 2019 Hybrid Limited. Never a lick of trouble and she loves the Hybrid the most.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
A colleage and friend commutes in a Rav 4, I ride in it if we go out to lunch, I like it a lot for all the reasons above, particlarly quality of build and reliability.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My folks just bought a new 2020 hybrid limited. So far, they really like it.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are going to own/drive it forever don’t buy a hybrid

Posts: 192 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
My wife has a 2018 Hybrid. She loves it. She wasn't too happy about me insisting on the Hybrid and the Limited model. It took her a few months to warm up and now says she likes the top of the line model.

Only problem was the radio, which wouldn't sync up to her cell phone. They replaced the thing and it took over a month to get it in. She gets 34.5 mpg, and I'm pretty much convinced its her driving, not the car. But she won't listen (wife). She just hasn't learned hyper mile style, and probably won't ever.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The wife's 2011 Limited is still going strong and well over the 100k mark. It still drives like it's brand new. I've only ever had to replace the battery, apart from normal maintenance.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents, THANKS for all the experience and good suggestions! Not only from me, but Mrs CPD SIG as well!

Yes, pretty much a no-go on the hybrid. And leaning toward the AWD, just because of the "snow" factor here.

Russ59, you bring up a good point, they are selling like crazy. May have to wait a week or two.

Again, to all of you, THANKS!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
My wife bought a new one in 2012
It’s been pretty good. Electric door locks were the major problem, I think they’ve all been replaced but it was under warranty. Water pump went bad under warranty too now that I think about it.
Since then it’s been perfect. She said back then she got a lemon.
I like it more than she does I think, I’ve told her to go buy something else and I’ll take the rav.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid for two weeks. It's best car I've ever owned

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again, a big THANK YOU to all who have responded.

Pulled out of the lot today with a grey 2020 Toyota RAV-4 AWD with a whopping 8 miles on the odometer.

So far, Mrs CPD SIG loves her birthday present. Ok, so it's a few weeks late, but she knew it was coming. With the 0% financing, and some haggling, we couldn't say no.

Bye-bye '01 Mazda, you were a good car.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new car! I love my old Rav.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new car.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Best small SUV on the market.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Again, a big THANK YOU to all who have responded.

Pulled out of the lot today with a grey 2020 Toyota RAV-4 AWD with a whopping 8 miles on the odometer.

Time for a road trip!!!

What trim level did you get?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2019 AWD and really like it! It is gas efficient., and has done everything I have asked of it! I live in Wisconsin and it served me well this winter! I had a 2003 and the size has grown, it almost looks like the early Highlander!!!

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I like the looks of the RAV4. I saw a RAV at the dealer with a small lift and A/T tires, it was very cool.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
My wife elected the Nissan Rouge. Quieter and interior more nicely appointed for less money.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
My wife elected the Nissan Rouge. Quieter and interior more nicely appointed for less money.

Less durable too.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post