SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many states have you been to, and how many have you lived in?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many states have you been to, and how many have you lived in? Login/Join 
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I've only lived in 2 states. I've been to all lower 48 states in the last 5 years.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Been to all except Alaska. Was fortunate to have a job when I was young where I traveled 3 weeks out of every month. All over a 10 year period. Got lots of free time too so I could see pretty much everything I wanted. It was an eye opener for a 20 something young man.

I have lived in 2 States with a vacation home/retirement home in a third.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Lived in Virginia my whole life.

Not visited:

Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and Washington.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live in 4 and been to 30 states plus 11 countries

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
I've been to 37 states. Lived in 1. Went to Canada one afternoon (Waterton).

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 620 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
16 that I can remember visiting, and I’ve lived in OK, CO two times, and TX three times.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Lived in 8 states, visited 28 states, several US territories, 1 Canadian province and several countries. Nothing beats home.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Lived in 8 different states, lived in 3 of those more than once. They were repeats. While I've driven through many states going coast to coast mainly and outside of port visits up the east coast, I could count on one hand the states I've spent more than 24 hours in while visiting.

I've never lived overseas but have visited 24 different countries. Some were repeat visits.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've lived in 6 states and 1 Canadian province. To be fair, I've lived in 3 separate regions in Texas that are so far apart it'd be 3 separate states in most of the country.

I've been to 45 states and Puerto Rico but have not visited:
  • Mississippi
  • Alabama
  • Georgia (spent 45 min in ATL but that doesn't count)
  • South Carolina
  • Maine

I really need to take a road trip through the Southeast.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Only lived in two (Kentucky & Tennessee) but have visited 32.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bushpilot
    posted Hide Post
    Lived in:
    Arkansas
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Louisiana
    Illinois
    California
    Oregon
    Alaska
    Minnesota

Have been in all the 50 states on work or visiting plus 32 foreign countries.

I burned my flight bags when I sold my aviation business and my wife of 50 years lit the match.

****************************************************W5SCM
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I have visited or worked in 46, lived my entire life in NJ.

-Jeff

Posts: 169 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Muzzle flash
    aficionado
    Picture of flashguy
    posted Hide Post
    1. I have been physically in all 50 US states, DC, Johnston Island, and Puerto Rico.
    2. I have had a residence in AZ, CA, MI, OR, SC, IL, AR, and TX (8).
    3. I have spent more than a month on temporary duty (USAF) in NY, AL, and MS (3 more); also Johnston Island.
    4. I have lived in 3 foreign countries: Canada, Iran, and Germany.
    5. I have visited all but 2 Canadian Provinces, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Turkey, Greece, Italy (and Vatican City), France, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the British Isles (England, Scotland, Wales, and southern Ireland), Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Belize, Honduras (Roatan), and Grand Cayman--and Germany and Iran, of course. (I think that covers them all.)

I've not yet been anywhere in Africa or South America, but I have a deposit down on an African Safari (photo) next September.

Being retired, in reasonable health, and with some financial resources has allowed me a lot of travel, beyond what my 20 years in USAF provided.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Something wild
    is loose
    Picture of Doc H.
    posted Hide Post
    States Lived - 10. Visited - 50.
    Countries lived ( more than 4 years) - 2 (Spain/Germany). Visited - 21.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    sick puppy
    posted Hide Post
    I've lived in 3 states, and been to 40 of the 50.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Purveyor of
    Fine Avatars
    Picture of Orguss
    posted Hide Post
    Been to four but only lived in California.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Diablo Blanco
    Picture of dking271
    posted Hide Post
    Lived in 3.

CT - 3 times
    PA - once
    TN - 2 times

Been to 48. I am in 3-5 different states every week. OR an AK are the only states I haven’t been to.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Buy high and sell "low"
    Picture of archerman
    posted Hide Post
    Lived in 5
    Utah
    Idaho
    Nevada
    Washington State
    Komifornia

Been to Texas, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota, Florida, New Mexico,

So I have not been to, too many places

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    goodheart
    Picture of sjtill
    posted Hide Post
    Looks like I've been to every state except AR, OK, and AL. Should be easy enough to check those off.

Lived in WA (birth to 6 months), CA, NV, MN, CT, MD, HI, 3 months in NM.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post