SIGforum
How many states have you been to, and how many have you lived in?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7300093944

November 08, 2018, 09:06 PM
largebore1
How many states have you been to, and how many have you lived in?
I've only lived in 2 states. I've been to all lower 48 states in the last 5 years.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION
November 08, 2018, 09:09 PM
cruiser68
Been to all except Alaska. Was fortunate to have a job when I was young where I traveled 3 weeks out of every month. All over a 10 year period. Got lots of free time too so I could see pretty much everything I wanted. It was an eye opener for a 20 something young man.

I have lived in 2 States with a vacation home/retirement home in a third.
November 08, 2018, 09:11 PM
Skins2881
Lived in Virginia my whole life.

Not visited:

Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and Washington.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
November 08, 2018, 09:16 PM
l33571
Live in 4 and been to 30 states plus 11 countries
November 08, 2018, 09:22 PM
RoboV
I've been to 37 states. Lived in 1. Went to Canada one afternoon (Waterton).

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"
November 08, 2018, 09:22 PM
arfmel
16 that I can remember visiting, and I’ve lived in OK, CO two times, and TX three times.
November 08, 2018, 09:24 PM
Dakor
Lived in 8 states, visited 28 states, several US territories, 1 Canadian province and several countries. Nothing beats home.
November 08, 2018, 09:25 PM
Hobbs
Lived in 8 different states, lived in 3 of those more than once. They were repeats. While I've driven through many states going coast to coast mainly and outside of port visits up the east coast, I could count on one hand the states I've spent more than 24 hours in while visiting.

I've never lived overseas but have visited 24 different countries. Some were repeat visits.
November 08, 2018, 09:27 PM
tatortodd
I've lived in 6 states and 1 Canadian province. To be fair, I've lived in 3 separate regions in Texas that are so far apart it'd be 3 separate states in most of the country.

I've been to 45 states and Puerto Rico but have not visited:
  • Mississippi
  • Alabama
  • Georgia (spent 45 min in ATL but that doesn't count)
  • South Carolina
  • Maine

I really need to take a road trip through the Southeast.

• Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
    November 08, 2018, 09:34 PM
    sig239dlehr
    Only lived in two (Kentucky & Tennessee) but have visited 32.
    November 08, 2018, 09:36 PM
    bushpilot
    Lived in:
    Arkansas
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Louisiana
    Illinois
    California
    Oregon
    Alaska
    Minnesota

Have been in all the 50 states on work or visiting plus 32 foreign countries.

I burned my flight bags when I sold my aviation business and my wife of 50 years lit the match.

****************************************************W5SCM
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
    November 08, 2018, 09:38 PM
    Xtbone97x
    I have visited or worked in 46, lived my entire life in NJ.

-Jeff
    November 08, 2018, 10:04 PM
    Georgeair

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

November 08, 2018, 10:14 PM
    flashguy
    1. I have been physically in all 50 US states, DC, Johnston Island, and Puerto Rico.
    2. I have had a residence in AZ, CA, MI, OR, SC, IL, AR, and TX (8).
    3. I have spent more than a month on temporary duty (USAF) in NY, AL, and MS (3 more); also Johnston Island.
    4. I have lived in 3 foreign countries: Canada, Iran, and Germany.
    5. I have visited all but 2 Canadian Provinces, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Turkey, Greece, Italy (and Vatican City), France, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the British Isles (England, Scotland, Wales, and southern Ireland), Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Belize, Honduras (Roatan), and Grand Cayman--and Germany and Iran, of course. (I think that covers them all.)

I've not yet been anywhere in Africa or South America, but I have a deposit down on an African Safari (photo) next September.

Being retired, in reasonable health, and with some financial resources has allowed me a lot of travel, beyond what my 20 years in USAF provided.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
    November 08, 2018, 10:19 PM
    Doc H.
    States Lived - 10. Visited - 50.
    Countries lived ( more than 4 years) - 2 (Spain/Germany). Visited - 21.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"
    November 08, 2018, 10:24 PM
    PorterN
    I've lived in 3 states, and been to 40 of the 50.

November 08, 2018, 10:25 PM
    Orguss
    Been to four but only lived in California.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
    November 08, 2018, 10:30 PM
    dking271
    Lived in 3.

CT - 3 times
    PA - once
    TN - 2 times

Been to 48. I am in 3-5 different states every week. OR an AK are the only states I haven’t been to.

November 08, 2018, 10:50 PM
    archerman
    Lived in 5
    Utah
    Idaho
    Nevada
    Washington State
    Komifornia

Been to Texas, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota, Florida, New Mexico,

So I have not been to, too many places

Archerman
    November 08, 2018, 10:52 PM
    sjtill
    Looks like I've been to every state except AR, OK, and AL. Should be easy enough to check those off.

Lived in WA (birth to 6 months), CA, NV, MN, CT, MD, HI, 3 months in NM.