12131’s EPIC Generosity!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7300086134

October 12, 2017, 02:45 PM
H&K-Guy
12131’s EPIC Generosity!
gen·er·os·i·ty;ˌ (jenəˈräsədē/)

Noun: generosity Definition:
1) The quality of being kind and generous.
2) The quality or fact of being plentiful or large.
3) SIGForum Member 12131.

I’ve just received a greater gift of generosity from one of our members than I have ever been given. Now, mind you I’ve won Karmas before. Given some out as well. But this gift is just in a whole new universe. And it came from member 12131.

I’ll get right to the point. Last Thursday, SIGForum member 12131 appreciated one of my posts, and he decided I should experience some Karma! He gave me a choice of three pistols, including a Classic Sig Sauer P228, no rail, no tail. Cool

So I’m nobody special around here. And I’m certainly not worthy of such a gift. Part of me wanted to graciously decline, another part of me sincerely believed this just had to be some form of SIGForum gag. But no, 12131, and his gift, were the real deal!

Since I’ve owned a tiny number of Sigs in my life, I have always appreciated the lines of the Classic SIG pistols. But, I’ve never owned or fired a P228. I always wanted one, but couldn’t put the funds together, when it came right down to it.

Skip ahead to Tuesday, when I found out the P228 had arrived at my local fun store. I was ecstatic! I went immediately and picked it up. The small group of people that gathered around me listened with disbelief as I explained how the pistol came into my possession as a form of Karma. They simply could not understand how SIGForum is more of a family, than just an internet discussion forum.

It wouldn’t diminish the gift one bit if it wasn’t in perfect shape, but this pistol is flawless. 12131 said it was used, but the spare mag was still sealed new in wrapper! Truly a beautifully perfect example of a P228!

Thank you 12131 for your astonishingly epic generosity! You and your outstanding examples of generosity are what makes this place, not a forum, but a home. I will always cherish this lavish gift as a symbol of Sigforum/12131 kindness.

H&K-Guy

Better pics/Range report to follow.

12131 P228 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152778894@N06/][/url], on Flickr
October 12, 2017, 02:49 PM
Edmond
This speaks volumes about the Great members we have here. As long as I’ve been a member here, this does not surprise me at the generosity.

October 12, 2017, 02:53 PM
shovelhead
Let me be the first to congratulate both of you.

This forum in itself is hard to describe. Where else can you post a question on an obscure subject at 1 A.M. and within five minutes have at least two responses with solutions. I can attest to that.

It's a great place to be, been here since 2002.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
October 12, 2017, 02:53 PM
Aeteocles
Epic indieed!

12131 is a class act.
October 12, 2017, 03:02 PM
saigonsmuggler

October 12, 2017, 03:05 PM
newtoSig765
Every picture of a gift from 12131 looks like it was selected from the "Better Than Perfect" box at Sig Sauer.

His generosity is epic!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
October 12, 2017, 03:06 PM
Snake207
I've said it before and I'll say it again - you won't find a better forum or a better group of folks than right here on SIGForum. Big Grin

October 12, 2017, 03:07 PM
konata88
WOW!!!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 12, 2017, 03:08 PM
Sigmanic
Yes, his generosity reputation is growing by leaps and bounds! Kudos for what he has done for some of the veterans too - very cool!
October 12, 2017, 03:10 PM
Dusty78
Awesome congrats

October 12, 2017, 03:12 PM
46and2
Wow. Generous, indeed. That's awesome.
October 12, 2017, 03:13 PM
BigJoe
There is GREATNESS in the world! Good on you 12131!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!
October 12, 2017, 03:14 PM
jbcummings
Yeah, I’m not sure we are worthy.

Outstanding place to hang out.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.
October 12, 2017, 03:36 PM
craglawnmanor
Very nice!!

This story demonstrates that there is still some good remaining in our world. Thank you 12131!

October 12, 2017, 03:42 PM
ArtieS
That is just outstanding.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
October 12, 2017, 03:51 PM
m1009
That is outstanding, I am so glad to be a part of this family here, what a wonderful karma! Congratulations! Big Grin
October 12, 2017, 03:52 PM
mark60
I don't say much but I've said it a few times, the members of Sigforum are the very best there are.
October 12, 2017, 03:57 PM
jjkroll32
Bravo

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
October 12, 2017, 04:09 PM
slyguy
Kudo's to you both.

Well done!
October 12, 2017, 04:59 PM
SpinZone
12131 is a generous person who has the ability to do random acts of kindness as the desire strikes him. Truly he is living a blessed life.

He has always been generous with more than his epic (yes epic, does anyone else remember the picture where he spelled out "228"' with P-228s?) firearms collection, he will share his time and knowledge to someone who e-mails him out of the blue.

During my long search for a P-225 he was always quick to expand on comments he made on the forum via e-mails as well as answer any questions.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management