SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Muck brand Boots?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muck brand Boots? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
How are these in cold and snow? They usually sell for more than I would pay but there are some decent sales on them this weekend. I want an upgrade from my slip on rubber ones.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Muck boots are the heat. Every legit hardcore rancher that I know (a lot) owns at least one pair, up here at 8000 feet in the Rockies.

I will never not own a pair.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make good boots, I used a pair of them for a few years but have since switched to insulated extratufs. You could also check out the lacrosses.

The only thing I don't really like about mucks is that if I'm not wearing long underwear and I pull my pants over the top, they sort chafe my shin area.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of below the ankle slip ons that I purchased a number of years ago. If you order on line they do seem to fit true to size. I don't know if its me or not. I have flat feet and the pair I own have gotten very painful to wear. They hurt my feet just to walk up steps to get the newspaper. They are well made, are waterproof and my feet have never gotten cold wearing them. It does seem the new ones have a different sole than the pair I purchased. I have never worn the high insulated ones that are worn for ice fishing and hunting. They may be perfectly fine. This is just my experience with the pair I own.

Posts: 257 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Good boots, but I prefer lacrosse. Also muck is anti hunting and pretty progressive company. Boots are good though, but lacrosse doesn’t conflict with my polotics.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
If you guys are talking "gum"boots, the rubber kind that slip on and come to just below the knee, then I have owned a pair for years and years.

However, if you are talking about the boots with the rubber bottoms and waterproof nylon tops that lace up that I call "muckalucks" then I have owned a pair of them for a long time. Mine are insulated and have a removeable 3/8" felt pad that fits in the bottom if you are standing on ice. I use them to fly in when in Alaska or the northern border states. Helicopters will give you frost bite on your toes with all the plexiglass in the front end.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
My mucks aren't holding up nearly as well as my lacross ones did. I've completely worn a pair out in one summer's use.

My lacross lasted about 8 years (of semi-regular use).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
LOVE my mucks. Get 3-4 years of use out of them, wearing them for convenience (easy on/off) 6 months of the year and pretty much full time the other 6.

ALL boots are hard on my beat up old feet, so I buy an extra pair of semi-custom inserts (same as I use in all my shoes) and stuff 'em in the Mucks.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Muck boots are great. I have the Woody Max and recently bought the Arctic Pro for both my son and myself. We wore the Arctic Pro last week deer hunting and they kept our feet plenty warm

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
Muck boots are the heat. Every legit hardcore rancher that I know (a lot) owns at least one pair, up here at 8000 feet in the Rockies.

I will never not own a pair.

Yep. My pair of Muck 'chore' boots are at least 5 years old and going strong. Wear them most weekends at the farm in Spring, Fall and Winter. Feet stay dry and warm - I won't fool with any other brand.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Love my Muck’s. Hunting with them right now.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Lacrosse boots are all at least 25% off today. Not sure if muck has a similar sale.

http://www.lacrossefootwear.co...ortId=product-family

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Love my Lacrosse aero heads. I’ll be wearing them tomorrow morning in the woods. I switched to them after my Mucks blew apart.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ive got muck artic and they work great in the cold. Did a camping trip in them at 10° for 2.5 days and no issues.

Did not know they were anti-hunting, that suprises me. Im not sure how lacrosse would also not be as most clothing companies tend to be liberal

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found my insulated extratufs to be warmer than the mucks I had.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Good boots, but I prefer lacrosse. Also muck is anti hunting and pretty progressive company. Boots are good though, but lacrosse doesn’t conflict with my polotics.

That was fake news from several years ago. They donated to a local shelter, not the US Humane Society. It was blown monumentally out of proportion and was a simple gaffe that they immediately corrected.

http://www.muckboots.com/blog/...ocal-humane-society/

This entry was posted on August 6, 2014 by Muck Boot Store.

The Muck Boot Store is the oldest, independent online retailer of The Original Muck Boot Company Muck Boots and we were saddened to see that The Original Muck Boot Company announced a donation to the Humane Society of the United States on their facebook page.

Thankfully, we have since learned that the donation never happened. The Original Muck Boot Company, like many people, was duped into thinking their local Humane Society was the same as HSUS when they communicated their donation. Several of their employees collected money for the Humane Society of Rhode Island, which is a local animal shelter. They were proud of this and wanted to share the news on Facebook. The controversy started when whoever posted the information did not know the difference between the two organizations and mistakenly said the donation was for HSUS. They have since clarified what happened.

Who a company supports says a lot about their values. At The Muck Boot Store, we are major supporters of farmers, hunters, and the military-- that is what got us into this business. Every year we choose a charity that is important to us to give back. The charity we raised money for this year was the Fallen Patriot Fund which supports the families of US military personnel who were killed or seriously injured during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

We believe The Original Muck Boot Company also shares our values. They made a stupid mistake and confused two organizations that they shouldn't have. But the fact is they made a donation to a local animal shelter and in no way are supporting an anti-hunting and anti-farming organization. They are bad communicators but they do not have bad values.

The Muck Boot Store would like to thank everyone who was rightly upset about this mistake. You have helped bring attention to HSUS's agenda and misleading tactics. Fewer people will be tricked into supporting HSUS because of the attention you brought to this issue.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LaCrosse
Bogs
Should also be considered.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
Muck boots are great. I have the Woody Max and recently bought the Arctic Pro for both my son and myself. We wore the Arctic Pro last week deer hunting and they kept our feet plenty warm

I'll second the Arctic Pro. I have them for deer hunting and ice fishing. I buy them one full size bigger and wear medium weight wool socks during ice fishing. Tough to walk/stalk deer in them.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Love em

Especially the artic boot for kids.

0:01

Posts: 4207 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
LaCrosse
Bogs
Should also be considered.

I've never had any experience with Boggs boots but the lacrosse are very nice. I'll give another plug for extratufs. The extratuf neoprene insulated models are very nice and pretty much a staple in almost every Alaskans footwear arsenal.