SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida couple pleads guilty for beating restaurant owner over cold chicken

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Florida couple pleads guilty for beating restaurant owner over cold chicken Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Remember these two ?

A Florida couple pleaded guilty Friday to beating the owner of a chicken restaurant and her teenage daughter over complaints that their chicken was cold and they didn’t get enough fries in their order.

Nathaniel Eric Smith, 45, and Latasha Denise Smith, 28, pleaded guilty in Camden County Superior Court to aggravated assault and cruelty to children in the beating, officials said.

The June incident outside the Baxley restaurant was captured on surveillance video and aired on several television networks. It showed Latasha Denise Smith beating Jeanette Norris, Qwik Chick's owner.

When Norris’ 15-year-old daughter left a vehicle to assist her mother, Nathaniel Smith punched her in the face, knocking her down.

Norris had a broken nose and her daughter was treated for a concussion, reports the Florida Times-Union.

After the complaints about cold chicken and not enough food, the restaurant refunded the Smiths’ money, but the woman persisted in cursing Norris and beating on the restaurant’s takeout windows, reports the Florida Times-Union.

The couple was recognized on the video and warrants were issued for their arrests. There were at large for days but surrendered to the Bryan County sheriff and were taken to Appling County for booking, acording to the publication.

Superior Court Judge Robert Guy accepted the Smiths’ guilty pleas and will sentence them at a later date.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...ot-enough-fries.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK, they got a change of venue because they couldn't get fair trial. Then they plead guilty. I'm guessing the judge that passes sentence on them will want to view the evidence on the tape. Or disk or whatever. Anybody got a guess if they expect a soft judge to just give them time served? In other words, is the fix in?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
My best guess is a large fine {which they will never pay} and time served. Roll Eyes

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Not just jibjab, but SUPER jibjab. There's been a running thread o this attack since it first hit the news.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...310078624#1310078624

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post