SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody else here snowbirding this year?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else here snowbirding this year? Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

AZ is a horrible place to snowbird.

Alaska is closed to snowbirds as well...stay in AZ for the summer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody familiar with the area that could point out places of interest, restaurants etc.?

Tony's Restaurant on Cedar Key for clam chowder.

Any of the springs, Manatee Springs, Fanning Springs, etc, but they won't be as impressive in the winter. They have decent nature trails.

Steinhatchee Falls.

Lots of bike paths in the area including the Nature Coast Trail using an old rail trestle bridge over the Suwannee River.

There's a couple nice places to view the salt marshes, but I have know idea what they were called or how to get there.

Lots of kayaking/canoeing opportunities.

They deer hunt with dogs, so don't be surprised. I asked the waitress at Papa Luigi's in Old Town if that was the case and she said yes. As a matter of fact she and her husband had 52 hounds they kept on their hunting camp property.

Posts: 10910 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My brother and SIL used to live in LA (Lower Alabama, near Gulf Shores). When I visited and we went out to eat, they told me the restaurant owners remove all the condiments from the tables during snowbird season, because the snowbirds would load up their pocket/purses with all the packets of ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and salt/pepper to take back to their RVs.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I have not been to Tony's Restaurant, but the local Publix grocery does carry that clam chowder in cans.

It is the best clam chowder that I have ever tasted. Accompanied by a take-and-bake baguette from Aldi, it is a calorie laden, but absolutely delicious combination.

Try it. In the words of Mel Brooks, your tongue will throw a party for your mouth.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Anybody familiar with the area that could point out places of interest, restaurants etc.?

Any of the springs, Manatee Springs, Fanning Springs, etc, but they won't be as impressive in the winter. They have decent nature trails.

Steinhatchee Falls.

Lots of bike paths in the area including the Nature Coast Trail using an old rail trestle bridge over the Suwannee River.

There's a couple nice places to view the salt marshes, but I have know idea what they were called or how to get there.

Lots of kayaking/canoeing opportunities.

They deer hunt with dogs, so don't be surprised. I asked the waitress at Papa Luigi's in Old Town if that was the case and she said yes. As a matter of fact she and her husband had 52 hounds they kept on their hunting camp property.

Thanks, this is the type of info I'm looking for.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How’s the weather grabbing you today? I can’t believe that I had to turn the heat on!

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe 5632:
How’s the weather grabbing you today? I can’t believe that I had to turn the heat on!

A little warmer today, but it has been cold enough to run the electric heaters a bit, it's supposed to be cheaper than running the propane furnace in my motorhome. Glad to see that the daytime temps are going to climb back into the 70's. Smile

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hi WH,

Y'all still blaming us for sending that weather y'all's way?

Frown

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
If you can, visit Butterfield RV Resort in Benson, on I-10, west of Willcox, north of Sierra Vista. Excellent park and clean! Good location for day trips to Tombstone, etc, as posted by rizzle. They have an excellent website for further information. BUTTERFIELD RV RESORT
Is Sierra Vista located near Fort Huachuca?

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post