SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Easy Dinner w/protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Easy Dinner w/protection Login/Join 
posted
Kraft Dinner, Poutine, & Old Dutch Ketchup Chips. Protected with a .25. The dinner itself is protection.

I'd be right at home in Northern Saskatchewan.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Looks good enough. Didn't know Old Dutch had that far of a distribution. They are located in St. Paul Mn. I worked for them 30 years ago as a production line mechanic.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They'd lock you up and throw away the key in Can-eh-duh if they saw you posting about owning a short barreled pistol.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Meh... Canada... Meh...

Saskatchewan, almost as bad a Quebec...

All the provinces are bad, though.

You ain't keepin' me away from your chips with that little pea shooter. I call dibs.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Old Dutch was a staple at my grandpas meat market in Cedar Rapids, IA. Good stuff.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
If you were in central Canada(or North) you may need a larger pistol? That one may be enough to pot a grouse, not much more.

I do see it would excel at concealed carry.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's a pipsqueak pistol, and is classified as a "Prohibited" firearm in Canada. I would like to have a "Non-Restricted" Canadian firearm like these, but they are "NFA" firearms in the US:

http://www.firearmsoutletcanad...ot.html#.WZhZI9GQzIU

http://www.firearmsoutletcanad...el.html#.WZhcfdGQzIU

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is that a Bobcat? I have been considering a .25 and Beretta's have popped up.

And what on Gods green earth is an "Old Dutch" ketchup potato chip?? Do they not have the condiment "ketchup" up there?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Never tried poutine.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Is that a Bobcat? I have been considering a .25 and Beretta's have popped up.

And what on Gods green earth is an "Old Dutch" ketchup potato chip?? Do they not have the condiment "ketchup" up there?

Yep, it's a Bobcat. I found it several years ago at a gunshop for around $125 or so (IIRC). Wasn't really looking for one, but the price was right, so....
I ran into some Fiocchi .25 ammo at a gunshow for $10/box shortly after so I got a good supply of it. When I get enough brass accumulated, I'll try and reload for it.

For some reason, Ketchup chips are popular in Canada. I've never seen them at a store in the U.S. I got these(and the "Kraft Dinner") when I went to the Abbotsford BC airshow last weekend. Sort of a sweet tomato taste.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
For some reason, Ketchup chips are popular in Canada. I've never seen them at a store in the U.S. I got these(and the "Kraft Dinner") when I went to the Abbotsford BC airshow last weekend. Sort of a sweet tomato taste.
I lived in Calgary, AB, for nearly 2 years. If we had a working lunch, it was way more likely there would be ketchup potato chips than bbq potato chips. I'm not a fan of them, and they pale in comparison to dipping plain potato chips in actual ketchup.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My easy supper, every Saturday evening, is TJ's frozen Channa Masala entrée. I add 1/2 oz of tahini. That, plus the garbanzo beans, make a complete protein. I also put in some Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and LOTS of black pepper, and mix all together. Indians would probably shout, "Heresy!", upon hearing that. I also have a bowl of blueberries on the side.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Are you single? Or GF out of town?

quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Kraft Dinner, Poutine, & Old Dutch Ketchup Chips. Protected with a .25. The dinner itself is protection.

I'd be right at home in Northern Saskatchewan.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Are you single? Or GF out of town?

Nope & nope. My wife will be the first to tell you that she can't cook at all. I do all the cooking in the house. When I'm away, she can warm up soup or leftovers, but that's about it. I just decided that I wanted KD, poutine, & chips, so that's what we had. Tomorrow is kebobs, Monday is Pot Roast.