SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nike hitches their wagon to Kaepernick - name him the face of their 30th anniversary 'Just Do It' campaign - Ford backs Kaepernick & criticizes Trump
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nike hitches their wagon to Kaepernick - name him the face of their 30th anniversary 'Just Do It' campaign - Ford backs Kaepernick & criticizes Trump Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that made me LOL!!! Thanx

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Can shoe stores accept EBT?

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Can shoe stores accept EBT?

As long as the shoes aren't cooked first.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...6ZHs8E9JllGXEkc2dIcw

Nike pulls shoe with Betsy Ross American flag thanks to Colin Kaepernick
by Julio Rosas

Sports apparel company Nike pulled a new shoe design ahead of its planned sales date because former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick complained about its featured Betsy Ross American flag design.

cont.....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/spor...-of-white-supremacy/

Nike has not responded to a request for comment after Colin Kaepernick, one of their leading pitchmen, called Independence Day a “celebration of white supremacy.”

Nike has a history of tolerating Kaepernick’s radical activism and frequent attacks on America, especially on the 4th of July. Just prior to the Independence Day holiday last year, news broke that Kaepernick had convinced Nike to ditch the “Betsy Ross Flag” sneakers that the company had produced to commemorate the nation’s founding. As it turns out, Kaepernick had reached out to Nike company officials saying that “he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery.”

Shortly following Kaepernick’s complaint, Nike asked retailers to return the shoes.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Now that it’s been a while and the public has had an opportunity to demonstrate its support, or lack thereof, for Nike’s decision about that … person as a spokesman, how has it played out? Good, bad, indifferent—?

(And no, I am not referring to the miniscule percentage of its customers represented by the membership here, but rather the public at large.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Now that it’s been a while and the public has had an opportunity to demonstrate its support, or lack thereof, for Nike’s decision about that … person as a spokesman, how has it played out? Good, bad, indifferent—?

(And no, I am not referring to the miniscule percentage of its customers represented by the membership here, but rather the public at large.)

Judging by the stock market, it hasn't hurt Nike one bit. The stock was at or close to an all-time high prior to the COVID market meltdown. It has since recovered to within 6% of its all-time high. Revenue increased almost 10% since they signed him (a fairly typical year-over-year increase for Nike, not necessarily due to Kaepernick). Net income also had a healthy increase.

It seems the net effect was likely minimal, but it definitely didn't hurt Nike. I think at the end of the day, most people who are not leftist activists just don't care about politics when making consumer decisions

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/st...nearly-40-2020-06-25

I would like to see their numbers without the Jordan brand, that has a cult-like following.

Did that bastard kaperdick forget he was raised by white parents after 1 black parent abandoned him?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did that bastard kaperdick forget he was raised by white parents after 1 black parent abandoned him?

Talk about buyers remorse. On the other hand I guess there's a chance they are woke.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:

Talk about buyers remorse. On the other hand I guess there's a chance they are woke.

Perhaps Kapernick was seen as "not black enough" by his peers while growing up? And now he's trying to prove he is?

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Judging by the stock market, it hasn't hurt Nike one bit. The stock was at or close to an all-time high prior to the COVID market meltdown. It has since recovered to within 6% of its all-time high. Revenue increased almost 10% since they signed him (a fairly typical year-over-year increase for Nike, not necessarily due to Kaepernick). Net income also had a healthy increase.

It seems the net effect was likely minimal, but it definitely didn't hurt Nike. I think at the end of the day, most people who are not leftist activists just don't care about politics when making consumer decisions

You have to use the stock price as a guide, so this is accurate - it did not hurt Nike at least in the short term. Could they have done better? We'll never know, but it appears they marketed to their base and don't care about their reputation or possible future implications.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Never owned any thing tagged Nike, much prefer New Balance or Reeboks.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Perhaps Kapernick was seen as "not black enough" by his peers while growing up? And now he's trying to prove he is?

This is something that really happens in the black community:

Blacks can look down on each other so much. Some for not being black enough and light skin blacks looks down on darker skin blacks.

Yet the whites are blamed...

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Posted this in the NFL thread...

Unfortunately, I already owned too much Nike tennis product to just throw away when Krapyerdick started his bullshit and Nike goose-stepped right in line with their America-hating drivel along with him. Today, though, I just placed an Amazon order for "Dri-Fit" tennis shirts and a hat to the tune of some $85 from "generic" brands (Holure and DRIEQUIP for those interested). It's not much in those assholes' Billions in sales, but if everyone did the same thing, maybe they'd be taken down a notch or two. And I'm feverishly looking for some new tennis shorts, but you can guaran-damn-tee a "swoosh" won't be found ANYWHERE on them.

Never again will I buy a Nike product. EVER! In fact, my next pair of shoes will be Asics.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
No Nike here, never bought, never will.

Same here! Bought a pair of expensive Nikes several years ago. Ended up throwing them away. Never did get comfortable.

Now, to see a major brand hitching their wagon to an anti-American numbnutz like kraperdick is somehow disappointing.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
As a long-time distance runner and trained running shoe fit expert, I am constantly amazed at how Nike attempts to stack up against running shoes made specifically for the sport.

Several years ago, our company had a Nike rep give a presentation, and she began her spiel with the comment, "There are some people who don't think Nike is a running shoe company." I'm surprised I didn't give away my nodding in assent! Her next comment was, "Nike started as a running shoe company." Again, a true statement.

But somewhere around the time Michael Jordan was becoming a household name, Nike forgot how to make running shoes. I give them some credit for trying, but to my eye, they have long lost the running shoe race to the likes of "old" companies: Brooks (est. 1914), Saucony (est. 1898), New Balance (est. 1906) and even newer companies such as Hoka One One (2009), On/Cloud (2010), Altra (2009). It seems that customers who buy Nike are buying the "Swoosh" and peer acceptance more than a fitted, stable, comfortable running shoe.

On the other hand, I like the running apparel the company makes.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought Nike's once, when I was 18 and headed to college. Before that my mom didn't have the money to buy name brands and I usually got house brand "Kinney" shoes which supposedly were OEM Reebok.

My feet hurt for the whole semester in those damn Nike shoes. The narrow taper of Nike shoes cuts into my little toe.

I switched to Reebok for a while until they started copying the Nike toe as well. Since then it's been all Rockport for athletic shoes.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post