SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nike hitches their wagon to Kaepernick - name him the face of their 30th anniversary 'Just Do It' campaign - Ford backs Kaepernick & criticizes Trump
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nike hitches their wagon to Kaepernick - name him the face of their 30th anniversary 'Just Do It' campaign - Ford backs Kaepernick & criticizes Trump Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have been an EXTREMELY loyal Nike patron for all my tennis clothing since I started playing competitive tennis in my late teens; that's around 40 years of loyal business. I'm just one person, but it looks like I'll have to start looking at another brand and I'm just THANKFUL that I just bought some Asics tennis shoes and not Nike.

Screw 'em...hopefully they'll go the way of Dick's and get hit right where it hurts; the bottom line.

As to Bama's post below.....what da fug does Akmed Ilovejihad know about American Football?!? All that front-hole knows is kicking around a severed goat head and calling it "futbol". Moron...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Remember ol' Mock-mood I'mInAJihad, the former Iranian president? He's a big Kaepernick fan Big Grin

Maybe he's angling for a Nike sponsorship!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I'm returning mine, just did a email chat. screw Nike!

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Well Nike is looking to go bankrupt huh?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
My wife's a morning speed walker and goes through 3 pair of sneakers a year. I'm still using MBT's and we walk 2+ miles after dinner. She likes Nike's and I'll also find out under what other names they market their products under and find substitutes.

The fact that so many mid & large cap companies are making divisive statements is disconcerting. They have stock holders to answer to if/when their openness affects their profits.
I guess time will tell if they are going to be effected or...not.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
He kneels over police violence, yet black youths kill each over a pair of shoes.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Great ad campaign for New Balance.

Yup. And, I believe that most of the New Balance shoes are made right here in the good ol' USA.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its because liberalism is a mental defect

the people making these decisions are damaged people - they just don't know it

let them

their products aren't that great to begin with

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
“We believe Colin is one of the most inspirational athletes of this generation, who has leveraged the power of sport to help move the world forward,” said Gino Fisanotti, a Nike vice president of brand for North America, according to ESPN.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...F+US+%2F+Top+News%29

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Nike has stirred this same pot for twenty years or more -- ads lying about Tiger Woods being denied access to golf courses growing up, Dennis Rodman pushing around Santa Claus. Sell to the right demographic, enough fools follow along because and Nike continues raking in the bucks.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Great ad campaign for New Balance.

Yup. And, I believe that most of the New Balance shoes are made right here in the good ol' USA.

While they still have some very few models are actually made in the states.
They are big money but I still try to buy one or two pair a year that are US made out of 6 or so pairs for myself.

Not much on Nike shoes but used to buy a bunch of clothes.

NO MORE!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what Gino smoked or drank to make such an aisine statement. Gino, check the mans stats.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nike just changed their logo from the swoosh to the douche...

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
He's claiming to be a social warrior...yet takes a check from them????

Escalating Sweatshop Protests Keep Nike Sweating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...s-keep-nike-sweating

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Zero fucks.

Haven't bought their overpriced shit in years.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
“We believe Colin is one of the most inspirational athletes of this generation, who has leveraged the power of sport to help move the world forward,” said Gino Fisanotti, a Nike vice president of brand for North America, according to ESPN.

From the article “move that could draw U.S. President Donald Trump’s ire.” Think they mean “hopfully” it’s pretty clear nike wants a back
Ask so they can play “Woe is us, Trump is mean.” I suspect nike has a couple of other, less controversial athletes as back ups.
One interesting item “ Nike is a corporate sponsor with the NFL. They provide the official jerseys for the league that Kaepernick is trying to beat in a collusion case.“

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Not surprised the Hippie State NIKE pulled this crap. Fortunately I just bought a great pair of New Balance sneaks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nike's had some problems lately, so this is a pure PR move. Stupid move nonetheless and an insult to Bo - the real 'Just Do It' athelete.

Kaeperdick is not worthy, even as an athlete for such a campaign.

Nike wants to play the 'Social Injustice' card, ha. Then Nike should not fight the next annexation attempt by the city of Beaverton (little Portland) the next time and pay their fair share in taxes. Oh, and they should stop the age discrimination in dealing with employees / potential employees over a certain age too.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Maybe they did this to appease the liberals after 5 executives got caught up in the #metoo movement.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"By gnawing through a dike, even a rat may drown a nation."
Edmund Burke

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post