SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why Trump Is Still Calling Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas'
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Trump Is Still Calling Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas' Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
Howie Carr Howie Carr|Posted: May 01, 2017 2:45 PM

President Donald Trump apparently knows more about Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s background than almost all of her left-wing supporters.

Last Thursday, at the NRA convention in Atlanta, Trump again went after the senior senator from Massachusetts, calling her “Pocahontas.”

As usual, the alt-left twitter-verse went crazy, accusing Trump of “racism” for poking fun at her now-abandoned claims of Native-American ancestry.

But the fact is, Warren did for a period of time in her adult life claim to be of Cherokee ancestry, during which time she was hired to tenured faculty positions at two Ivy League law schools, Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania. Both prestigious schools proudly touted her as a “woman of color.”

But in 2012, when she first ran for the U.S. Senate, pointed questions were raised about whether or not she actually qualified for affirmative-action status. By all indications, the answer is no, which may be why neither she nor the Ivy League law schools where she was granted tenure have ever released her employment applications, which would finally answer the question of whether or not she “checked the box.”

Instead, Warren has claimed that it was family “lore” during her childhood in Oklahoma that she had Indian blood. One of her grandparents, her “paw-paw,” told her that she must be Indian because of her “high cheekbones.”

Pressed by the media, Warren also cited her contributions to a purported Native-American cookbook, Pow Wow Chow, which was privately printed. But a Google check showed that she apparently plagiarized at least two of her four recipes from Pierre Franey, a haute-cuisine French chef once employed by The New York Times. One of Warren’s alleged Native-American recipes, cold crab omelet, is not commonly associated with the Cherokees’ trek west on the Trail of Tears in the 1840s.

A third of Warren’s “Indian” recipes appeared to have been lifted from an issue of Better Homes & Gardens magazine from 1959.

During the 2012 campaign, Warren also claimed that her parents had to elope because of the anti-Indian prejudice against her mother. But that narrative collapsed after it turned out that her parents had actually “eloped” to get married one Saturday afternoon in the leading Protestant church in the neighboring town in Oklahoma, after which they returned home to a gala wedding reception in their hometown that evening.

Another check of Oklahoma newspapers at the turn of the 20th century indicated that in fact one of her “Okie” ancestors had actually shot an Indian off his horse as he attempted to flee after assaulting another of her Caucasian kinsmen.

After the initial media accounts pointing out the discrepancies in her ever-shifting stories, Warren claimed that she was 1/32nd Cherokee. The New England Genealogical Society found no such evidence. Nor did Cherokee genealogists. But it was all part of a pattern of less-than-truthful behavior by Warren. She initially claimed to have provided the “intellectual foundations” for the Occupy Movement, then later denied saying it until she was confronted with video.

On MSNBC, she denied holding any stocks, saying that all she owned were “mutual funds.” She called for higher taxes, even though it turned out she had been in arrears on her own automobile excise taxes in the City of Cambridge, and that she refused to voluntarily pay a higher income tax rate in Massachusetts, as is allowed under state law.

Despite the attempts of the local broadsheet, the Boston Globe, not to cover the embarrassment of Warren’s “Indian” ancestry, the conservative media has kept it front and center.

Her nicknames include “Lieawatha,” “Chief Spreading Bull,” “the Fake Indian” and “Fauxchahontas.” Trump, however, prefers to call her “Pocahontas.” He never fails to get a hand from his own audiences, and the reference invariably stirs up “the Resistance,” which appears totally oblivious to the tangled web their heroine has woven for herself over the years.

Now she is out promoting her latest book, “This Fight is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America’s Middle Class,” which contains not a single word about her now-discredited Native-American heritage.

One would have assumed she or her handlers would have developed some snappy comeback to the inevitable questions about her checkered ethnic claims, even though she seldom ventures outside the fawning very-fake-news media precincts. But on Friday night, she showed she is still totally unprepared, even with adorning fan Bill Maher, to deal with even the most-gentle mentions of the controversy.

F. Scott Fitzgerald once said that there are no second acts in American lives. That is obviously no longer true, but sometimes a politician cannot overcome a scandal, for whatever reason. One thinks of Gov. Howard Dean’s scream, or ex-Rep. Anthony Weiner’s sexting scandals, or Gov. Chris Christie’s “Bridgegate.”

Increasingly, Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s prevarications about her ancestry are looking like her own personal version of Custer’s Last Stand.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's Fauxcahontas.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Trump and I prefer Pocahontas.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Trump and I prefer Pocahontas.

Up to you I suppose.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Local lore is that she belonged to the Fugaway Tribe. That's the tribe that was always lost, helpless and constantly needing assistance. One can tell when they open their mouths and say "Help, we're lost, we don't know where we've been or where we're going, where the Fuq Are We?"

Typical liberal democrat.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whatever name we call her, she is what she is, a lower than dirt slimy GDC.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
All I know is that she speaks with a forked tongue.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a short clip where Maher calls her Pocahontas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8znAAmVVIE

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Taxacagawea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warren speak with forked tongue.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Warren has claimed that it was family “lore” during her childhood in Oklahoma that she had Indian blood. One of her grandparents, her “paw-paw,” told her that she must be Indian because of her “high cheekbones.”

I wonder how her adoring fans would react were she to relate a story where her paw-paw told her she must be part black because of her "big lips."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Increasingly, Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s prevarications about her ancestry are looking like her own personal version of Custer’s Last Stand.

Why Trump Is Still Calling Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas'?
Because she may be his opponent in 3 years...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Saca....

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yeah, but thats unfair to the real Pocohontas....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Me Savvy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Saca....

Yeah, what you almost said.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pocohontas

Pocohontas is a great choice.

Pocohontas was woman who, in a hormonal-driven act of defiance of her father, began fucking an undocumented immigrant to America, in the process giving him quite possibly the first anchor baby in America, and whose betrayal of her people may very well have led to the ultimate downfall of their culture and control of the northern half of the Americas.

I think Warren needs to change her name like Rachel Anne Dolezal did (Dolezal is now known as Nkechi Amare Diallo, which translates as "batshit crazy white woman who thinks she's black").

I have a suggestion for Warren if she decides to go with her fake claim of Cherokee ancestry: Massisannoidatme.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Pow Wow Chow? Big Grin

Wow.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That libtard is more looney than a cat on a metal roof.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My favorite is Fauxchahontas, and my 2nd favorite is Lieawatha.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post