SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else enjoy this as an after dinner treat?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else enjoy this as an after dinner treat? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Sliver thin sliced room temperature Parmigiano-Reggiano drizzled with aged balsamic glaze (vinegar reduction) and accompanied with a nice port?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell yes! But usually not the port part, just the cheese part.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I understood some of those words!

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Yes with out the port but with a good home brew beer.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Does this have anything to do with bacon? Big Grin

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Yes, but not in the same manner...

Ever since visiting Tuscany, I've been hooked on a cheese called "Toscano" it's from the Pienza area in Tuscany and is fantastic, it is a Pecerino for sure but has an incredible, buttery flavor with a bite.

I enjoy this with a wine called Colimoro, which is the closest I can find to the table wine I enjoyed so much at an "Agritourismo" that was at the foot of the hill town.

The farm we stayed at was an incredible experience, each bite of the favored cheese brings back fond memories.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Sure. But in the unlikely event I'm fresh out of that stuff, it's lemon Oreos. Smile

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Lemon Oreos and port. That’s a concept! Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I eat string cheese ???

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Yes, except it is chocolate with Barolo wine.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Never even heard of it.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
A fine cheese tray also pairs well with Chimay Grand Reserve Ale.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Sure. But in the unlikely event I'm fresh out of that stuff, it's lemon Oreos. Smile

I've said it before... lemon oreos are made with heroin or crack, got to be

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Never even heard of it.

I assume you mean Parmigiano-Reggiano. That's the REAL deal, not the crap grated up with added sawdust into a cylindrical container called Parmesan cheese. The later bears no resemblance to the former in taste or texture.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Sliver thin sliced room temperature Parmigiano-Reggiano drizzled with aged balsamic glaze (vinegar reduction) and accompanied with a nice port?

It's like you're trying to say... something... just can't make it out.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Locatelle is another fine aged Italian cheese not to be missed.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
A fine cheese tray also pairs well with Chimay Grand Reserve Ale.

yes it does,

esp if that Chimay has been aged a couple years

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Don't recall ever having cheese as an after dinner treat.

I've cooked with some very good grades of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and grated/shaved fresher over homemade Italian food. However, I never ate it drizzled with a glaze either.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
tatortodd,
Might want to take a few minutes and look over some of these sites:
https://encrypted.google.com/s...=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t
As you can see the notion of parmigiano reggiano and balsamic vinegar / glaze is quite established. Smile

This is probably the best one to check out as they describe serving it up as a dessert:
http://www.ciaoitalia.com/seas...ged-balsamic-vinegar

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/aK_vzP5kOxo

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Do you eat the outer edge of the cheese ? It looked a bit different.

How different is the really old balsamic vinegar from the ordinary store bought variety?

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post