SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suggestions for a fitness training app
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for a fitness training app Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I've been getting back into weight training but, as usual, I'm intermittent with the schedule. I'd like to get back to a regular schedule and I really haven't done it for so long, I thought maybe a workout schedule app may help keep me on track. My biggest issue is not having a set routine and I just do my favorite exercises. Gotta quit skipping leg day.

I'm going to be 49 this year and the pains are creeping in, staving off the aches due to weakness and regaining stamina are priority.

Any suggestions? I don't mind paying for a well written app but I'd like to avoid annoying quirks.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I have used Fitness Buddy before and it has a wide variety of exercises in its library.

I don't use it as much because I have shifted away from pure weights or body weight workouts into more functional exercises mixed in with my runs. I also now use a TRX suspension trainer because it just kills at using the core muscles on pretty much every exercise.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
JEfit is what I use. It's free, has a ton of options.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I have used Fitness Buddy before and it has a wide variety of exercises in its library.
I tried the free version today and it seems to be what I'm looking for. I can customize workouts for different days. Today I just did the beginner whole body workout.
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
JEfit is what I use. It's free, has a ton of options.
Thanks. I'll check it out, too.

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post