SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You have to keep an eye out while at golf tournaments
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have to keep an eye out while at golf tournaments Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
https://people.com/sports/cori...cials-golf-ball-eye/

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
she is taking steps to make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else.

One and only one solution to accomplish that; no more spectators ever.

She must have lost more than her eye.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I saw on The Golf Channel that Brooks Koepka had reached out the the injured lady several times since the incident.

I'm glad to hear she harbors no ill will toward Koepka.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
She should have worn the goggles. And a helmet.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
...there wasn’t adequate signage to warn about the risks of errant balls around the course,” the Today report said.

OK, wait. She’s a big enough golf fan to attend a Ryder Cup, but needed a sign to warn her that not every ball hit goes down the middle of the fairway? That said, I sorry the injury was so serious.

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We can confirm that ‘fore’ was shouted several times but also appreciate how hard it can be to know when and where every ball is struck if you are in the crowd.”

Was she there to watch the tournament?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regrettable, but things like this happen all the time. Hockey pucks, baseballs etc. In Japan most ballparks have netting to prevent errant baseballs and bats from injuring spectators. There is however a section of seats known as the EXCITE SEATS, where there is no netting and spectators are issued baseball gloves and helmets.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This has been a problem for a long time.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My guess is an 8' high fence will be installed in the area or, fans will not be allowed to watch the drive(s) in the future.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Someone’s looking for a pay day.

She doesn’t know how she’ll live with only vision in 1 eye! Hey, honey! My wife, who is legally blind in BOTH eyes would be willing to change places with you! Boo-hoo-hoo...

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I always wondered about the HUNDREDS of people that line up on either side of the tee boxes. Any errant shot is liable to cause serious injury. To say "there weren't any danger signs" is just retarded. Anybody with a brain would know that there is inherent danger standing that close to golfers teeing off for 300-400 yard drives.

She's fortunate she only lost one eye.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I always wondered about the HUNDREDS of people that line up on either side of the tee boxes. Any errant shot is liable to cause serious injury. To say "there weren't any danger signs" is just retarded. Anybody with a brain would know that there is inherent danger standing that close to golfers teeing off for 300-400 yard drives.

She's fortunate she only lost one eye.

Apparently she'd already lost her common sense.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

It's the American way: sue the bastards!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the alternative. Boy that would ruin the game for me. Fans treated like school children.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I hear FORE! anywhere on the course I look DOWN and put my hands on my head. I've taken a line drive in the leg and have been hit in the hand that was covering my head.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

It's the American way: sue the bastards!
Actually this was in France and the woman is French. Wink

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I see what you did there with your thread title...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Courts have ruled that shooters are responsible for a bullet until it stops. Golfers should be held to the same standard.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gerry Ford could have warned her about this.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I thought getting hit by a ball while attending a game was covered under “assumed risk”...you go to the event expecting that it could possibly happen.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I thought getting hit by a ball while attending a game was covered under “assumed risk”...you go to the event expecting that it could possibly happen.

A "reasonable" person would think so. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post