SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you carry when fishing?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you carry when fishing? Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Between the gators and snakes and two legged varmints around here I wouldn't go without it

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine and I were fishing on the Deschutes over in central Oregon a number of years ago. I had just finished working a hole without any success and was moving on, he moved into the hole I had just vacated. Not more than a few seconds after we passed I heard him say "Son of a B****!" and I thought "No, no f'ing way did he just hook a fish" in the hole I'd been skunked in. I turned to see and he was looking down at his feet and reaching for the .38 snubbie on his hip. I looked down and saw a small rattlesnake swimming right between his feet. Yeah, I carry when I'm fishing.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK then. I looked at my waders and realized the pocket is perfect for my P232. Thanks for everyone who suggested that I want to be prepared. Soooo . . .

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Rivers & streams when not in a boat yes.

When in a boat (ocean & rivers) no.

When on the ocean there is usually a shotgun handy. Seals are bastards.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Those Alligator Gar, they can not be trusted, so yeah. Wink

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Lots of tweakers that hit remote parking lots, illegals who don't want to be interrupted while snag fishing, and Ukrainians who take offense to standard rules of boating.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I always do. I'm a fly fisherman and I fish all over the place.

I usually carry a g19 with buffalo bore 147g+p or a snubby 44mag.

Up in AK we usually keep a shotgun handy as well.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry any time I go outside, and a lot ofbthevtimevwhen i don't.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Yep.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Yep.

You're gonna need a bigger gun!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
Most of my fishing is via lake charters, and we drink heavily. As such, I don't so I'm not in possession while under the influence.

But we usually always have someone along that's an armed teetotaler

Way to represent. I was thinking the same thing, it's way to drunk where I fish, to be sporting firearms.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just remember, in spite of its name, an Airweight isn't really a flotation devise.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
No. I usually bring 6 friends fishing.

Around here that would be a Grizzly smorgasbord. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post