SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coast Guard Commandant is Out of Step Regarding Transgender Coasties
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coast Guard Commandant is Out of Step Regarding Transgender Coasties Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It seem that when any general dared to question Obama's policy they were gone real fast.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Commandant: 'I Will Not Break Faith' With Transgender Coast Guardsmen

You won't have to. We will appoint someone else to do that.
Clean out your locker. Wink

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see what Trump and Mattis do to this fool.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be time for a new Commandant very soon. Surprised he would go public like that, no good can come of it. He will have to be replaced.

He will still have a nice retirement, even if its as a 3 star instead of a 4 star, as I don't think he will have the required 2 years as a 4 star, assuming he isn't busted further by President Trump.

Sad to see the CG make the news this way.

I had lunch with one of my '82 classmates last week who just retired as 2 star ADM. He mentioned this very issue. The maneuvering for the next Commandant was underway already, this could speed it up. Look for VADM Charlie Ray ('81), VADM Fred Midgette ('82), VADM Sandy Stosz ('82) or VADM Karl Schultz ('83) to replace this Commandant. Maybe a little sooner than previously planned. There may be a couple more 3 stars in the running, but he thought these would be the favorites.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's even stupider than one can imagine. The CG probably spent a lot of money on training and signs for 13 people with mental illness from a total of 36,000 members.

quote:
Adm. Paul Zukunft said his first action upon becoming aware of Trump's tweets was to have his office reach out to all 13 members of the Coast Guard who have self-identified as transgender .

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
13 people is 0.0037% of the ENTIRE Coast Guard...

Sweet fucking Jesus...This Comdt is fucked up like a football bat....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
13 people is 0.0037% of the ENTIRE Coast Guard...

Sweet fucking Jesus...This Comdt is fucked up like a football bat....

Quit pointing out facts and have more kool-aid. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Somebody should probably drop the Admiral a little clue that Obozo isn't in the White House any longer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
He seems to be in the boat all by himself Razz

Seventeen “flag-rank” officers who wrote to former President Obama expressing their concerns on his decision to allow transgender individuals to serve in the U.S. military have now sent a letter of thanks to President Donald Trump for his decision to reverse the policy.
“We write today to express our gratitude to you for making the extremely courageous decision to reverse President Obama’s transgender social experiment,” the letter, sent last week, said.

“There may be an enormous amount of vitriol directed at you for making this policy correction, but please know that overturning this policy may have done more in the long-term to save the culture and war-fighting capacity of the U.S. military than perhaps any other military policy you will adopt as president,” the letter said.

“It’s just not compatible with the mission of the military,” Paul E. Vallely, one of the 17 military members who signed the letter, told Breitbart News.

Vallely said this kind of “social engineering” conflicts with the military’s need to be “ready to go to battle to protect America.”

The letter cited an estimate by the Family Research Council — which spearheaded the letter effort — that said that, aside from the affect on military readiness, the transgender inclusion policy would cost between $1.9 and $3.7 billion in special compensation for services such as gender-transition surgery and other treatments.

Lieutenant General William “Jerry” Boykin (Ret.), who is also executive vice president at FRC, posted on his Facebook page a lengthy expression of support for Trump’s decision that says, in part:

“To say that I am pleased to see #PresidentTrump put a stop to this #transgender madness in the #military would be an understatement,” Boykin wrote. “It is another indicator to me that our new #President is truly focused on #militaryreadiness.

“The transgender policy as designed contributed nothing to that readiness,” Boykin said.

“In closing Mr. President, we note that your bold decision is supported by the American people who have a great reverence for the military,” the letter concluded. “A Rasmussen survey released in June found that ‘just 23% of likely U.S. voters think the U.S. military’s decision to allow openly transgender people to serve is good for the military.’”

“Once again, thank you for your focus on preserving the military effectiveness, morale, and social cohesion of the United States Armed Forces,” the letter concluded.

In addition to the letter, FRC launched a petition campaign and the American Family Association also sought petition signatures in support of Trump’s policy. The petitions combined have collected more than 60,000 signatures.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...courageous-decision/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
"he has no intention of leaving transgender Coast Guardsmen out in the cold."

- Is he inviting them up to his place for a hot toddy?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I'd like somebody to define "transgender" for me. What the f*** does it actually MEAN? What is the practical effect?

I'm dead serious. I've gotten blank looks from the few morons liberals I've asked, and maybe some stammering, stuttering, "It's how you IDENTIFY" variation.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I'd say fine. Ship them all to the Coast Guard. As soon as they are discovered to be transgendered, immediate transfer to the CG. That way they are all in one spot patrolling the Great Lakes as one big happy family.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
"You're fired."

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
I'd say fine. Ship them all to the Coast Guard. As soon as they are discovered to be transgendered, immediate transfer to the CG. That way they are all in one spot patrolling the Great Lakes as one big happy family.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I hope DJT fires his ass and knocks him down a couple of pay grades. Although, so far, I don't think he has done anything "wrong" covered by the UCMJ. He needs to explain what he means by "not leave them out in the cold" and "not break faith." I doubt he will get the chance, and instead will be out on his ass.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post