SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Full Hip Replacement at 0700 this Morning ( 18 Oct)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full Hip Replacement at 0700 this Morning ( 18 Oct) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I had my left hip replacement 2 weeks ago yesterday. I am up to walking mile plus daily and pain is 1/10 th what it was when I got home. My doc doesn't have you do PT, just walk. I can start working out in 4 more weeks.
Goid luck, makes a huge difference in your mobility.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I had my left hip replaced six years ago by the posterior method. Would not recommend that way to anyone, took a long time to get back to normal. I can say it felt better than the bone on bone pain I had prior to the surgery.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I wish you well. My sister just had a knee replaced. She admitted to saying more than a few extreme cuss words when she did her first exercises.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bgouker:
Congrats, I had my left hip replacement 2 weeks ago yesterday. I am up to walking mile plus daily and pain is 1/10 th what it was when I got home. My doc doesn't have you do PT, just walk. I can start working out in 4 more weeks.
Goid luck, makes a huge difference in your mobility.

Now that's what I'm looking for, being able to walk again.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Here's to a speedy recovery

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Right Hip replaced 5 years ago, right knee replaced 3years ago.The hip was much easier for me! I feel the key to recovery is straight forward. Do the damn PT completely as instructed!

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the recovery going? I am at 3 weeks and feel pretty good and getting more mobile daily. Hope you are progressing and best of luck.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know how I missed this thread. I had my right hip replaced in Nov 2015. Anterior method. Was out of the surgery center that afternoon. Wife is a PT, she had me doing heel slides as soon as we got home. Now they say not to do those for a few weeks. First 4 days or so are pretty rough, after that it wasn't bad. Tried to get off the narcotics a little too soon and had to get back on them for a total of about 10 days if I remember correctly. Doc doesn't want me to run any more but I am encouraged to walk, swim and stretch. I hope your recovery is going well and I'm sure you will be very happy that you got it done when you are back to 100%.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post