SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arizona Governor Ducey signs RKBA "Sanctuary" bill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Governor Ducey signs RKBA "Sanctuary" bill Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
On April 6, 2021
Governor Ducey signed HB 2111,
the AzCDL supported legislation defending
Arizona's Right to Keep and Bear Arms (RKBA)
from federal overreach

HB 2111 states that, pursuant to the sovereign authority of Arizona and Article 2, Section 3 of the Arizona Constitution, the state and all political subdivisions (i.e., agencies, counties, cities, etc.) are prohibited from using any personnel or financial resources to enforce, administer or cooperate with any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the United States government that is inconsistent with any Arizona law regarding the regulation of firearms.

In a nutshell, passage of HB 2111 will:

Ban state and local enforcement of any federal firearms restrictions that don’t have concurrent measures in law in the state of Arizona.
Ban state and local enforcement of any future federal firearms restrictions that are not legal in Arizona.
We thank the several thousand members and supporters who contacted the Governor urging him to sign HB 2111. You made a difference.

The general effective day for bills signed by the Governor is 91 days after the session adjourns.

We encourage you to share this and all AzCDL emails with anyone you know who is interested in protecting their right to keep and bear arms in Arizona. They can click here to subscribe to AzCDL email broadcasts.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Good. I expect other states to follow suit.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Sure hope the country doesn't tip over from all the AR owners moving to AZ!

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first said this will not last because the Feds will simply cut the funds sent to Arizona. Then I remembered Trump was going to do that to California and they sued. Courts said you cant cut the funding.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:

I hope they do! We've had an influx of Californians moving here and we don't want the political landscape to change Arizona.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the number of CA plates is discouraging, as is the sheer number that have Biden/Harris or other libtard stickers on them

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good news!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Not to rain on your parade, but I was talking about this sanctuary city nonsense with some of my Democrat friends back when the dems were doing this regarding immigration. I warned them, it was a bad idea, and it wouldn’t be long before it was used against them. I know it has happened before now, but I brought this up with them again, basically saying: you started this. Your party defended this legally and shut down the attempts to reign it in. Don’t act all pissy now that someone is using this tactic for a cause you don’t like.

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the number of CA plates is discouraging, as is the sheer number that have Biden/Harris or other libtard stickers on them

People are not leaving CA because of politics, they are leaving because of COVID and profits.

They can sell houses for record profits, move to AZ, get more house or the same for less money and improve their quality of life.

Working remote is the norm, so you don't have to live anyplace specific for now.

They don't see their political voting record as a problem in CA because they don't have any issues with the way the state is run, if they did they'd vote differently.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
They don't see their political voting record as a problem in CA because they don't have any issues with the way the state is run, if they did they'd vote differently.

Mental illness and stupidity follow you across state lines.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Plus they'll vote in AZ and probably still be able to vote in CA. Frown

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Texas Sanctuary State bill (HB 2622 Holland) is through the first hurdle, voted out of committee. Now sitting in Calendars Committee waiting to be granted a floor vote date in this committee.

Also Texas' Permitless Carry bill (HB 1911 White) is sitting in Calendars.

Texans please be sure to call the Reps on the Calendars Committee and ask them to assign a date to these bills.

Get TSRA Legislative updates at www.tsra.com/legislative-alerts

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
They need to move to Phoenix!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Texas' Permitless Carry bill (HB 1911 White)
Is that bill's ID number a coincidence?

'Nother question, if it passes, is it good for permitless carry on handguns other than 1911s? Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you OP for posting this great Az. news. I can hear the moaning Dems. if I step out into my backyard!!! Such a nice sound.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Anything that causes a libtard to suffer despair and angst is ok in my books. Particularly those that infest Phoenix.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Yup...I hope they don’t come here and dick up AZ like they did Kalifornia with their screwed up politics.

I’d like to put up billboards on I-8 and I-10 at the state line that says “Arizona welcomes you from California, Oregon, and Washington, but ONLY if you leave your Blue View at the state line! Don’t do to Arizona what you did to the Left Coast.”

As luck would have it (not) I have to go to CA three times this summer for work...ugh! Roll Eyes

Very glad Gov. Ducey had the political courage to sign that bill!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was shocked and disappointed when AZ voted in two liberal Senators. This may be a sign that there is a still a fight going on for the conservative soul of that state, or a dying last gasp.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
They didn't get voted in.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
They didn't get voted in.

Nope.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post