SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for Ram 1500 crewcab owners...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Ram 1500 crewcab owners... Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Will a Large Vari-Kennel (dog kennel) fit in the backseat with the seat folded up?

What are the dimensions back there?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Not sure it will. Let me try to measure what dimension crate you could fit through the door. I will measure later.
Better yet, could you give me the dimensions so I could check?

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Depends on how big the kennel is. The kennel for my black lab will.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Not sure it will. Let me try to measure what dimension crate you could fit through the door. I will measure later.
Better yet, could you give me the dimensions so I could check?

I just went out and measured.
27" wide
28" tall
40" deep

I know it will fit in the back of a Ford Supercrew. Just not sure if it will fit through the doors and on top of a fold-flat in the Ram.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I think the newer ones have more room
That won't fit in my 06 2500 4 door

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I just went out with a tape measure. It looks like it will, maybe even easier with the seat down. It will be close though.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I may see if a dealer will let me stick the box in there to see if it will fit.