SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you turned on your furnace yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you turned on your furnace yet? Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The thermostat has been set to 65 degrees, and it’s gets that cool at night- perfect sleeping conditions for me. The wife and kids have taken to the electric blankets, however- it won’t be long before I’m told to fire up the fireplace insert.

image img

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have my A/C going, and it is running on and off day and night!!! Hopefully soon, I can shut it off.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I turned mine on a couple of weeks ago. 70 deg in the day. 66 deg at night.

We are leaving next week for our first ever "Snowbird Express", I will set the T-Stat for a 24 hour 55 deg for the winter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Warhorse,

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
No. Usually not until Thanksgiving or the week before unless there's some crazy ass weather.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I’m with Navy Guy...we usually try to make it to as close to Thanksgiving as we can. It’s almost become sort of a challenge for us. I’m currently in shorts and T-shirt with the A/C running in SC.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
yes

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yes, earlier this month.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I spend a good bit of time outdoors in the Winter, but I dress appropriately & don't mind the cold. When I come in the house though, I want to be warm.

We heat with a wood stove & my wife complains that it's always too hot in the house. I guess it's old age setting in, but just being "not cold" just isn't good enough anymore.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I’m a bit like NavyGuy too however with my hip replacement slated for this Friday, lit the pilot light last night just in case.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Turned it on once, a week ago or so, then went back to AC for a day or two, then nothing at all required for a couple days.

Then back to the furnace two-three days ago. Yesterday I finally bowed to the inevitable. Opened the outside air intake, commissioned and activated the whole-house humidifier.

May have to turn the AC back on round about this coming weekend, though. Welcome to Michigan

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
A week or so ago. Woke up to 61* inside, SWMBO announced it was time to switch the system over. It's popped on a few times since.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post