SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you turned on your furnace yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you turned on your furnace yet? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Nope. One of the benefits of living in San Diego.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Turned on the house heat here on 29 September. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16207 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
We went from flip flops and shorts to coats and hats in a week it seemed.
Pulled out the A/C's and had the heat on last week.
Drove my Land Cruiser to work yesterday and I need to get hopping on getting the heater core replaced in it before I have to do the Eskimo thing again this year.
Ran out of time to put it off it seems.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Turned it on weeks ago to make sure everything was working and to burn off all the debris.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Might get cold enough in a week or three... right now my A.C is on... in fact just switched it to the dry mode to reduce the humidity....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Had the heat on since mid-September as the nights were getting chilly....as of last week, it has been kicking on during the day.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Friday or so, a little damp in the air, and me struggling through a 'tween lung thing. Between heating and cooling season with pollen issues rampant. It wasn't cold out, just a hair chilly and damp, and dryness was wanted. The boiler pilot was out but the place was drying out nicely within 45 minutes.

October 10th is really early for heat in these parts.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Ours has been running for a couple weeks. We even had a couple days where the heat ran in the am and the a/c in the pm. We’ve been in the low twenties and hi teens for 3 weeks. Unseasonably cold.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gas furnace is still off. The woodburner, however, has been in operation for the past couple of days. With overnight lows around 40 degrees, I could no longer tolerate the wife's whining about being cold.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
last night.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple days ago. It wouldn't turn on either.
I kept getting a pressure switch error.
I got it going finally and the new pressure switch should be here tomorrow.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turned mine on yesterday. Usually don't do it this early.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Turned on?

Hell replaced the damn thing.

Ha.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Oct. 10th. The first time for a brand new Bryant unit. Fired right up.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Not yet. Today when I was working on the lawn tractor I heard one of the A/C units turn on. At night it has gotten lower that 45 one night and our house was still 66. We all leave during the day so it didn't make sense to turn it on.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Yup. Had our first frost of the season last night.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'd be happy to be able to turn the AC off, let alone have cool enough weather to need the heat. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My furnace, or in this case boiler, is always on. It's one of the reasons I set it up as it is now.

Currently, I have a sealed combustion boiler that also has a loop to a hot water storage tank. It is waaaaaaaay more efficient than either the original boiler, or water heater that it replaced. The water heater was a conventional one, and then during non-freezing months the boiler sits idle. No longer.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a wood burning stove as primary heat, and electric cove heaters as secondary, no furnace.
Wood shed is full of cut and split wood, which is good since we had over 5" of snow and temps down to the teens with highs of 24 last week for several days.
So the stove has been used already!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
No...Got down to 69 inside this morning. Just plugged in a small oil filled heater for a few hours.. Good to go!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post