SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you turned on your furnace yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you turned on your furnace yet? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
two weeks ago, we were still using our A/C, here in the Cincinnati area, with temps in the 90's.

This morning, when the inside temp dropped to 63 degrees, my wife said it was time to turn on the furnace.

Typically, we have 3-5 weeks, where we use neither the furnace or a/c. Apparently not this year.

Have you turned on your furnace yet?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes. We had a night in the 30's last week and I set my t-stat to 64.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just turned it on two days ago since the night low was predicted to be 30F.

Posts: 2360 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask me again in December....

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Turned mine on yesterday. We added a second LP tank this summer so I can buy all I need in the off season. So consequently the line had bled off during plumbing and I had to crack the union at the furnace yesterday to get it to fire. The heat pump takes over when we get up to 40 outside.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I never really turn it off since it's automatic. Heck, it kicked on one night in June when it got really cold. But haven't reset the temps to where it will run too much yet.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
No. But this thread reminds me I need to clean the flame sensor. Been a while since I cleaned it.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
No, but I have turned off the AC. I have also lit the pilot for mom’s gas logs.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Mine has been on (and off) for over a week now.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Yes. We had a night in the 30's last week and I set my t-stat to 64.

Yeah, we turned our on about a week ago, and set the thermostat. It has come on about every day since then. and it is chilly here.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Here in Wis. a week ago it was 85 and humid. Today 38* this morning. So yes, it's on.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Turned it on last night. We'd been away for a week and the temps dropped to 40 at night, house was cool.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Haven’t had the need yet. Probably in a month or so, it’ll be cool enough that Mia will need it turned on.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Over a month ago we had ours turned on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve been down with a bad cold for a week now, and Friday it was 39*, so yeah, I turned mine on.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yes, for 2 reasons.

It got down to freezing level 2 days ago.

The other reason I always turn it on early is just to make sure it’s working ok and needs no repairs. Every year my buddies play the game of who can wait the longest and it get the coldest.

That’s foolish, in my opinion, because invariably there’s always someone who waits too long, turns it on and it doesn’t work. Then the bitchin’ and gripin’ starts and a frantic attempt to find a repairman to come out to fix it, but they’re all booked up and get out for several days. The wives and kids are not happy.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was the first night for us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Two or three weeks ago.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Furnace on about three weeks ago...foot of snow on the ground since Thursday. Smile

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Nope...I'm tryin' to make it to Halloween, if possible, before firing up the boiler. Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post