SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why bagels are boiled
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why bagels are boiled Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
There aren't many good bagels in Houston.

Sure there are. You can buy them at Kroger. Razz

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
If ever in Vegas, the Bagel Cafe is the only game in town for a "real bagel".

Bruce

they really have the best breakfast in town.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Only stale bagels are improved by toasting.

“New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's street cred appears to be toast after he tweeted that his favorite bagel was whole wheat, 'toasted' with extra cream cheese from a Park Slope, Brooklyn bakery.

The only problem was, the said joint insists they never toast their bagels because they are already served warm after being baked fresh.

'New York City has the best bagels in the world. But our BEST bagel? Bagel Hole in Park Slope. No contest,' de Blasio posted in his original tweet to celebrate National Bagel Day. 'Whole wheat. Toasted. Extra cream cheese.'

The criticism came thick and fast from fellow twitter followers leading the mayor to delete and then repost the exact same tweet 20 minutes later, only this time omitting the word 'toasted' from his posting.

Bagel Hole told the Daily News that they never toast because the bagels are made hot. 'We do not toast,' an employee insisted.

'What can I say, I must have a hole in my memory,' de Blasio said.

The mayor went on to state that he doesn't go to the Seventh Avenue venue quite as often as before…”

Uh, yeah…

www.nydailynews.com/news/polit...cylo4erpu-story.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Most soft pretzels are boiled too before baking, well at least the real ones are.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by fvyellowbird:
I miss being able to get a decent bagel down here vs in NJ.

Same here in central Florida.
I have had bagels sent by my parents to us from NJ more than once. We vacuum seal them than freeze them.
We even had a pizza mailed to us once from NJ.

Brooklyn Water Bagel Company

LAKE MARY
3801 Lake Mary Blvd,
Unit 139, Lake Mary
PH: 407-878-2850

WINTER PARK
4026 North Goldenrod Road,
Winter Park, FL 32792
PH: 407-681-4011

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by fvyellowbird:
I miss being able to get a decent bagel down here vs in NJ.

Same here in central Florida.
I have had bagels sent by my parents to us from NJ more than once. We vacuum seal them than freeze them.
We even had a pizza mailed to us once from NJ.

Brooklyn Water Bagel Company

LAKE MARY
3801 Lake Mary Blvd,
Unit 139, Lake Mary
PH: 407-878-2850

WINTER PARK
4026 North Goldenrod Road,
Winter Park, FL 32792
PH: 407-681-4011

Is this one of the companies that imports NYC water? That is the secret to bagels and pizza. The water that comes out of the Catskills is some of the best in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Oh how I wish I lived close to this place. Used to stop in there when they opened at 6am every morning when I was working in Marietta and get a fresh bagel. Yum!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...b2-9db3-bf204d4caeba

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post