SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have any experience with Costco kitchen cabinets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any experience with Costco kitchen cabinets? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Anyone have experience with Costco kitchen cabinets? Specifically these:

https://www.costco.com/Semi-Cu...roduct.11280458.html

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I don't have direct experience with them but we are in the midst of a major kitchen remodel right now. Living in the motor home and garage for the next 3 weeks or so while the kitchen and laundry room are gutted.

Kitchen remodels are expensive no matter how you look at it. We decided right off we wanted something better than the home improvement store and discount store offerings. We went with a designing place and ordered cabinets and countertops from them. All plywood boxes no particle board or veneers.

Fit and finish is perfect on all the doors and drawers. We felt the extra money was worth the quality.

If you're flipping the house or it's a rental you own different story of course.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I plan on living in this house forever. I don't mind investing in the cabinets and realize they won't be cheap. I just don't want to get taken.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
I plan on living in this house forever. I don't mind investing in the cabinets and realize they won't be cheap. I just don't want to get taken.

As with most things and especially in the cabinetry world you get what you pay for. We did a bathroom remodel a few years ago. Bought a vanity from the local big box home improvement store. Junk. Drawers aren't square to the cabinet and don't fit flush. It's the bathroom so I'm living with it for now. Every time I look at it it pisses me off though.

Wasn't going to make the same mistake in the kitchen. Do your shopping and research. find a designer in your area and talk with him or her. They are in the business and have a stake in making sure you are happy. Best thing we did was start working with a kitchen designer. If you're staying in the house I would advise you spend the money on quality and be happy.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
IKEA has a 25 year warranty on theirs. I’m going with a local company as my GC prefers them. I can get you a name but it won’t be for a week.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Are you doing the work yourself or have a contractor?

Prices can vary greatly depending on the material and features. Do you want soft closures on the doors/draws, trash/recycling build into one of them cabinets, holders for pots/pans? Lots of options that can make storage work much better but it all costs.

Budget will be a driving factor in what you're looking at.

If you're doing it yourself get a layout, measurements and go to at least two places that specialize in cabinets. They should have different options on display, sctiech out options and give you prices.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have a contractor do the work. I'm getting bids right now.