SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma, A little something from me. Winner on page two
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma, A little something from me. Winner on page two Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted
Well my Karma isn't much but someone might get some enjoyment from it. I've enjoyed Sigforum since the first day I joined, and that will be 15 years of SF on Aug. 14th and have learned a lot about guns but most about life and people. I bought my one a only Sig a P239 after joining. In the 15 years I don't think I have missed a day reading SF. There are some really great people on here and they have given some really great karma gifts to other members.

I just found out that the VA is going to give me hearing aids August 29th so for me having some good luck and getting a chance to hear maybe a little like I used to I wanted to give something back to my SF friends.

So I have a $25 Bass Pro gift card I will gladly send to the winner.
I'll draw on August 29th after I get my hearing aids
Everybody is welcome to enter.

Thanks SF family
Bill aka charlie12

This message has been edited. Last edited by: charlie12,

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your new hearing aids.
Unlucky number one.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Please consider this my "LIKE" for your post. God bless.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your 15 years, and on your new hearing aids. Please include me.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Great news on the hearing aids. I too get my hearing aids from the VA. They supply some quality stuff and fit you just right. I know you'll be happy.

I'd love to get in on that Bass Pro card too. Thanks.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
please add my name.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I wish you luck with your new hearing aids, mine have improved my quality of life. They are not perfect, but it is a vast improvement.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I hope your aids are as much an improvement in life quality as mine have been to me.

Please include me. Thanks

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charlie, I'd like to get in on that, please.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I hear you OP and celebrate the sounds Sigforum has brought me. Please sign me up.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'll pass on the karma but I want to say I'm happy for you to hear that you'll be getting hearing aids.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Thanks to VA for your hearing aid. Please put me in the drawing for your generous Karma.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I got my single aid from the VA a few years ago, what a difference!!

Please enter in the karma.... THANKS!!

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they work great!

And who can't use 25 dollars to spend at BP. Sign me up please. Smile

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who's Ret COL that recently got new hearing aids from VA. He has this blu-tooth "dongle" around his neck. Can answer calls with hearing aids and can also set up custom settings for different environments.

Lunch with him: hearing aids focus on directly in front of him and "wash out" the ambient noise around us. Pretty slick.

Here's to improved life.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
I have a friend who's Ret COL that recently got new hearing aids from VA. He has this blu-tooth "dongle" around his neck. Can answer calls with hearing aids and can also set up custom settings for different environments.

Lunch with him: hearing aids focus on directly in front of him and "wash out" the ambient noise around us. Pretty slick.

Here's to improved life.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Thank you. The ones I'm getting work with the Iphone and are not supposed to have the thing you wear around your neck. A friend has the one that you have to wear the neck deal but he has a Android phone. They are pretty fancy now. Thanks again and good luck

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Bump

posted Hide Post
Please add me to your Karma.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Not in for the Karma, but very glad the VA is taking care of you.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
thanks for the chance!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post