SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An interesting future?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting future? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Agree. On that list, the only thing that would interest me is an IPad. Don't use anything else on it and no plans to begin.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember with the “Gas crunch” how all big vehicles, cars, SUV’s, and pickup trucks were going to go the way of the dodo? Everybody would be driving compacts?

The Smart car has taken us by storm - or has it?

Remember the Honda Civic? Probably members here who have never seen the first year Civics.

Predictions are one thing. What people buy will often put a wrinkle in those plans.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The freedom to get in my car in my garage and drive anywhere I please at any time of day or night is more in tune with what it means to be an American than Baseball or Apple Pie ever will. They'll pry my car keys out of my cold, dead, hands, if ever.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I predict that in 2020 - cars will still have tires.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I use nothing on that list and I bet I am not alone.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Sure, but how many of those were predicted accurately?

Lots of things will happen in ten years, but nobody knows what they might be.

Exactly. I think a lot of these things had been talked about or theorized, much like the list in the OP. I think the timeline is definitely way out of the loop on the self driving cars, for example. No way that happens in the next 3 years.

Well, I predict I still won’t be using any of them. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I still have my kit of Carter AFB metering rods, will this tell me which one I need for midrange acceleration?

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...Watson already helps nurses diagnosing cancer, 4 times more accurate than human nurses...."

Wonder what the diagnosis accuracy rate is when doctors, M.D.s, diagnose cancer is?

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post