SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's for dinner Thursday?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's for dinner Thursday? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
  • Stuffing w/ cranberries
    I also bought the ingredients to turn leftovers into Turkey enchiladas suizas

• Nice! These 2 sound awesome.
    Here is the recipe for the cranberry stuffing

I might it into cranberry stuffing muffins so the leftover stuffing is more portable.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go Vols!
    Picture of Oz_Shadow
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Muddflap:
    Pumpkin Pie.

I don't care what else.

Costco pecan pie for me.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eye on the
    Silver Lining
    posted Hide Post
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Green bean casserole
    Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Pumpkin pie
    Apple/strawberry pie
    Stuffing
    Potatoes
    I’m forgetting something.....

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    St. Vitus
    Dance Instructor
    Picture of blueye
    posted Hide Post
    Wife wanted to do something different so we are having Hors d'oeuvres and booze. No turkey and I am cool with that. Previous years we would do ham or steak.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I'm working, so whatever's in the vending machine and not expired.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Avoiding
    slam fires
    Picture of 45 Cal
    posted Hide Post
    I am really looking forward to Thursday.
    Son and new wife invited me.
    I bought a butterball electric turkey fryer.
    I have did two test runs on two turkeys and gave them away to neighbors with a house full of kids
    They came out fantastic and now I got it down pat I will cook one for my Son and family.Son informed my yesterday I have to cook an additional one so they will have something to munch on the following week.
    I am stoked Cool

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Mensch
    Picture of kz1000
    posted Hide Post
    Punishment Loaf.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
    -Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of slyguy
    posted Hide Post
    We're a pretty simple family.

Spiral cut Ham (with my special sweet & spicy glaze)

Twice baked potatoes

Green bean casserole

Grilled veggie plate

Dinner rolls

Blueberry Chills

Post dinner rye whiskey Wink

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of steelcityfishanddive
    posted Hide Post
    Stone crab.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bookers Bourbon
    and a good cigar
    Picture of Johnny 3eagles
    posted Hide Post
    Golden Corral for sure. http://www.goldencorral.net/pr...ons/thanksgiving.asp

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
    Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
    You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by cas:
    Hot dogs. I'm a traditionalist.

A staunch traditionalist!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    My mother-in-law makes a KILLER stuffing that's got lots of apple, onion and big chunks of sage flavored sausage in it. I've told her on more than one occasion that I'd be perfectly happy if she just served me a big plate of that!

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eye on the
    Silver Lining
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by PASig:
    My mother-in-law makes a KILLER stuffing that's got lots of apple, onion and big chunks of sage flavored sausage in it. I've told her on more than one occasion that I'd be perfectly happy if she just served me a big plate of that!

Hmm.
    Recipe??

"Trust, but verify."

Eye on the
    Silver Lining
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 45 Cal:
    I am really looking forward to Thursday.
    Son and new wife invited me.
    I bought a butterball electric turkey fryer.
    I have did two test runs on two turkeys and gave them away to neighbors with a house full of kids
    They came out fantastic and now I got it down pat I will cook one for my Son and family.Son informed my yesterday I have to cook an additional one so they will have something to munch on the following week.
    I am stoked Cool

That sounds awesome!

"Trust, but verify."

posted Hide Post
    At my house, I will be having low, and slow, Hickory smoked baby back pork ribs, dressing with gravy, slow cooked baked beans, and Brussel Sprouts with sea salt and coarse ground black pepper. A taste of Blue Bell Southern Blackberry cobbler ice cream for dessert. That should suffice!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Smoked Turkey breast-local barbecue place
    Baked Ham
    Sweet potatoes with brown sugar & butter
    Sister in law's stuffing & gravy
    Roasted Brussel sprouts (if #1 son wants to prepare)
    Green bean casserole(i make a homemade mushroom soup/sauce for it)
    variety of pies & baked items for dessert

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    It'll be a standard Thanksgiving fare here on the ship.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Fresh turkey. We’ve been buying eggs and honey from a farm near us. Saturday, we went out to the farm, killed our turkey, plucked it, and dressed it out. Feels pretty neat to have a sense of ownership in the bird.

Dressing, also with sage and sausage. Sweet potatoes, but not “sweetened” potatoes. I forget what vegetable is planned, I know it won’t be green bean casserole this year. Pumpkin and pecan pie.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Ironbutt
    posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    That is one large gobbler!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post