SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Far North IL and/or South WI...something going on? (ETA: Trump coming to town)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Far North IL and/or South WI...something going on? (ETA: Trump coming to town) Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted
Had a pair of Ospreys and 4 choppers fly over a short while ago.
Is there an air show or other event going on? I'm in Kenosha County, and they were flying SW of here, and Ospreys were in helo configuration, so not full flight.
All were OD green gloss

This message has been edited. Last edited by: C-Dubs,

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DK. Maybe celebration for the Gummy Bear Factory? Couldnt find anything on news or twitter.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
The color scheme was a lot like the Ospreys they use for transporting dignitaries, like Marine One.

Can't find anything in Web search for the area.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
You didn't take the tag off your mattress, did you?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
You didn't take the tag off your mattress, did you?

Smile nope, I know better than that.

posted Hide Post
I see that stuff all the time. The proximity to the GOM makes military exercises quite common. The Air National Guard base has crews from all over the country come and train here. Those things are loud though if you are not used to them.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Yep, heard it coming. As it got closer, I thought it didn't sound like a normal helicopter, and decided to look out the window.
Photos were from my tablet sitting nearby.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
The color scheme was a lot like the Ospreys they use for transporting dignitaries, like Marine One.

Can't find anything in Web search for the area.

The HMX-1 presidential fleet aircraft are called "white tops" for the paint job.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.c...arine-one-1692954125

If you saw white tops, it would sure hint that someone important is on the way.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Might be in the middle of the great circle route to North Korea.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

The HMX-1 presidential fleet aircraft are called "white tops" for the paint job.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.c...arine-one-1692954125

If you saw white tops, it would sure hint that someone important is on the way.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
They looked just like this one

posted Hide Post
I'm hearing that PRESIDENT Trump is going to be at Snap On Tool Company in Kenosha on Tuesday. Maybe that is why.

Edited to add: I've now been told that IS why the choopers were there. Practice runs. We shall see.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I'm hearing that PRESIDENT Trump is going to be at Snap On Tool Company in Kenosha on Tuesday. Maybe that is why.

Edited to add: I've now been told that IS why the choopers were there. Practice runs. We shall see.

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/index.php

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Smile well, yeah, that could explain it.

Governor Walker toured our plant, and gave a speech once. The amount of police presence at that time was astounding. This would be even more of a pain.

Snap On is about a half mile from here.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I was off on a road trip to Toledo yesterday but pam said we had 3 Ospreys come over the farm yesterday. We are 5 miles from the Ohio border.

Some kind of regional maneuver?

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if he will talk to them about making more tools in the United States. (Their electric tools, among others, are made in China, no doubt to Snap-on standards, but still China.) I can dream.

Posts: 27916 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

I wonder if he will talk to them about making more tools in the United States. (Their electric tools, among others, are made in China, no doubt to Snap-on standards, but still China.) I can dream.

Had a Milwaukee news station confirm that President Trump will be at Snap-On Tuesday.
Hope he does talk about getting production back. MAGA

The newscaster referred to the V-22s as helicopters though lol

posted Hide Post
Presidential visits are interesting. Have experienced plenty in my lifetime. I suspect the advance team has been there for some time checking out security, and the people that will interact with the President directly.

posted Hide Post
I was on the Seney Stretch on Friday. Multiple black Suburbans and Expeditions passed me going westbound.
Possibly related.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Traffic sucked getting home today due to the Trump visit.
Saw a bunch of idiot protester wannabes. A pair of Hispanic girls waving posters saying "immigrants built America".
Also saw an older white female wearing a black t-shirt that said "black pwr"... I assume that means power; my text speak was never great.
Saw a few "Dump Trump" posters as well.
Don't think anything interesting happened. News crews interviewed the guy at the end of my block which has several Trump flags and Hildebeast for prison bumper stickers, then interviewed some effeminate college kid who proudly stated he voted for HRC, and that Trump voters were lured in by all his campaign promises which will could never happen.
Suck it up, snowflake!

posted Hide Post
C Dubs, I was there yesterday. If you would like I can send you pictures and videos and you can post them as I have no experience in that. When I first got there the number of protestors vs.patriots was about 50/50. As they day wore on however the number of patriots easily surpassed the number of anti-Trump protestors. I took my wife as I wanted her to see a Presidential motorcade which she has never seen before and is really something to see. I spoke to a USSS agent and asked him for the best location to see said motorcade and he told me there would be none but that the President would be arriving via helicopter instead. When PRESIDENT Trump arrived there were three Ospreys and two of the usual helicopters we see our Presidents travel on. They all landed in the rear of Snap On Tool Company's building, in their parking lot. The anti-Trump protestors were clearly annoyed when they realized that PRESIDENT Trump would not see them,lol, which was worth the price of admissiom itself. There was a guy standing on his very steep angled roof waving an American flag which demonstrated the very pro PRESIDENT Trump flavor of most of the crowd. It was a very good day to be an American patriot. The newsmedia in Chicago however must have missed the huge crowd of patriots because the news reports I saw last night omitted any mention of them and focused on the protestors. Go figure, the msm in this cesspool in bed with the Dems. Hard to believe. Yeah,right.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post