SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Denny's is getting dragged online over it's crappy new mascot. Another marketing genius slips one by upper management
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denny's is getting dragged online over it's crappy new mascot. Another marketing genius slips one by upper management Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
How could this be shown at multiple internal meetings and no one raise a red flag? How out of touch is upper management in some of these large companies?

Go to the linked article below for some of the reactions online. Absolutely hilarious.

Denny’s says it won’t dump sausage mascot despite online mockery

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hideee ho!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/21EA2F3Y8Lk

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
No one wanted to speak up that it looked like a turd out of fear of offending someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is funny. I am thinking it is a sausage link but after eating at Denny's years ago, I think it is a turd.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
No one wanted to speak up that it looked like a turd out of fear of offending someone.

Well, shit! Speak up, wontchya?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31385 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, Mr Hanky is the new mascot. I wonder if the Southpark guys are getting royalties?

The wife heard me laughing and wanted to know why. I told her to goggle Denny's mascot. First thing she says is "that's a turd!"

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds me of the Quiznos rat from a few years back.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Snap the slams" ??? Sounds like jive for puking.

"Slam the snap" jive for screwing?

Or maybe that would be "slam the clam."

Inside a mind sitting around the table: That looks just like a goddam turd! A turd with big eyes and a little hat. My god, that is ridiculous! Why don't we just call it "Yesterday's breakfast!" What a ---"

"Oh, what, sir? Yes! Snap the slam! It's a terrific mascot!"

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
You can just see them sitting around the conference table with their crystal water carafes.

They cut their eyes over at each quickly and are all thinking the same thing. "It looks like a turd, but if I say anything then I'm fucked.

Out loud: "Bravo Henry! It's brilliant! I love it! Big Grin

ETA: I was typing while you were posting, C. Great minds think alike. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
If this was idea #1, I wonder what #2 was?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Big Grin

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Are you saying I should flush that comment and squeeze out a new one?

- John Adams

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Terrible. Wow.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Somebody is going to catch a ration of shit over this...they need to wipe it clean and start over!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
Some of you may follow Denny's on the twitter. If you don't, you should know that they have a pretty humorous account there.

It is an unfortunate choice.

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
I think its rather Charmin'....

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well, that's certainly a crappy looking logo. Seriously what shithead came up with that one? As hard as this could be to imagine, it could actually be a smear on Denny's that they may find hard to wipe clean

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Bada book, bada boom.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Freudian slip regarding the quality of their food perhaps?

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post