SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milt Sparks belt repair? Udate last post.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milt Sparks belt repair? Udate last post. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I bought an 1-1/4" MS belt probabaly 12/15 years ago. It has been my daily wearer pretty much since I bought it. Still in great shape. Well today my pup chewed on the very end of it. Has damage. Just the last inch of it. So I think it would be something that could be repaired. And no, it isn't any to long as it is! Eek

Any one know if they would repair.
In the moment I wanted to beat the little dog with it. Of course I didn't. An now we are working on restablishing best buddy status. Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact them. They have a pretty solid reputation for customer service.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm not a leatherworking expert, but ...
quote:
And no, it isn't any to long as it is!

If the damage is minimal, not extending to past the first hole from the end, I don't see why it couldn't be cut off, reshaped and the edges smoothed up and re-stitched. More than that and it's done. Sparks might very well do that for you. It would only cost you a phone call to find out.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how about having a local leather/shoe repair cut and re-stitch it?

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe lose 15 lbs and cut off that last inch? I know, easier said than done, mostly joking.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I did call and discuss and yes they will repair for me for a nominal fee.

All is good with me, the belt and my lil' buddy Wink

Fortunately I do have another MS belt to go to!

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I did send my belt to Milt Sparks for repair. They did a great job for a fair price and turned it around in about a week. Just wanted to say some great service from a great company.

Thanks Milt Sparks crew!