SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
By education and trade, I'm a mechanical engineer/manufacturing factory rat so I am drawn to "things mechanical" such as watches and cars. I have a modest collection of auto mechanicals:
-Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
-Breitling Cross Wind
-Two Baume & Mercier "Capelands" (one is titanium and rose gold which I use as a dress watch)
-Tag Carrera

Also have a couple battery-powered watches that seem to eat batteries like I eat ice cream. I rotate between the mechanicals but my favorite is the Omega.

Would someday like to have a Panarei chrono but the price is well beyond my gag point.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
I wear a middle-of-the-road G-Shock (3900 I think?) and love it. I use the timer, stopwatch, and alarm constantly. Only time I take it off is when working out because I've had it bind my wrist joint during movements like cleans & front squats.

I've had it for over 5 years, haven't replaced the battery, and have put it through some abuse with no issues. The buttons all work as well as they did the day I bought it & the glass is clear & scratch-free. The case has its share of gouges & missing paint, but I like the look.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think it's a generational thing. I know my iphone has the time and day. But I still like to wear a watch.

I wear a Ball too from that watch-monger among us, David. I also got a couple of Citizens from him that are solar operated.

I have a reactor mechanical divers watch.

And lastly, I have a Seiko battery watch that my Dad owned.

But now, I'm seriously considering why do I have all these?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Seiko Kinetic Sports 200 from many moons ago.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Another Casio solar atomic G-Shock wearer. Sometimes getting the phone out might be impossible/inconvenient.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I love the idea of a watch but between working around the property and not being able to wear one at work I've not worn one for 20 years or more. Now I can't stand the feel of any kind of jewelry on me so I doubt I'll ever have a watch.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I have a wat h on whenever I'm not asleep or in the shower, and sometimes then, too. Mostly my uncle's Omega Seamaster Pro but I also have a Luminox quartz, an Ecodrive, a Seiko quartz, and a few other cheapies.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Always (typically not while sleeping). Rolex Sea Dweller. If I divide what it cost by the 19 years that I’ve been wearing it, not too bad of a deal for it. Will sometimes switch to a G-Shock for heavy yard work/chainsaws.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Back in my Navy days I always wore a watch. Once I retired I stopped wearing one for a few years. I can't wear any jewelry/watches at work but I occasionally wear a watch on my days off if I am keeping a schedule that day.

When I do wear a watch it is my eco-drive that David karmaed me.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Daily.
Citizen EcoDrive Satellite Wave
Gift from my wife, sourced from Dave Truong.

Before the Citizen, it was a Movado Fiero with a tungsten case/band.

A cheap Timex Ironman was my cycling watch, attempted to change the battery & it no longer functions properly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Usually.

I have seven wristwatches, Timex Expedition analog, Casio G-Shock, Bulova 20 year work anniversary gift, two Seiko chronographs one solar powered, two Citizen watches one of which is from David Truong Karma's I won about five years ago.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I stopped wearing a watch about 20 years ago. I had grown used to using my phone to get the time. Then, about a year ago I was looking at all my watches and decided to start wearing one again. I’ve found I really enjoy being able to quickly see the time with a flick of the wrist rather than having to pull my phone out and turning it on.

I generally wear a Citizen ECO Promaster Titanium while I’m working and a nice Ball for dressier occasions. However, lately, I’m wearing my new Luminox that David made available to the SIGforum members…

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looking for the $2.00 to $25.00 option

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
No, not since I retired. I lived by the clock for 40 years and choose not to do so any more.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I have several that I wear but the every day watch is a Fitbit smart watch.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My every day watch is my Rolex Submariner, I have an Everest rubber strap on it - really like it (I've had the Rubber B strap before and I liked that one also).

I still have a G Shock Rangeman for "range use" Wink

All other watches have been sold off...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G-Shock Tough solar digital and same for analog. 100 to 120 bucks each.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Longines Hydroconquest is with me every day.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
When I retired (the second, and last, time) I took off my watch and I've not worn one since (Dec 2006). There are clocks in my house, car, and camera, and also on the screens of my computers. I don't need a watch.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Titanium Citizen Calibre 2100 I got from our very on Dave Turong. I got it probably 8-9 years ago. Still going strong.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post