SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Usually I wear my Eco-Dive Atomic, but I have a few automatics. Today I'm wearing my Alpina. I generally won't leave the house without a watch on, but rarely wear one in the house.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I always have my watch on when I leave the house.

I've worn the same Casio Titanium Pathfinder every day since 2007ish, and it's still going strong.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently daily wear is either a Seiko Black Monster or a 007. Have a Luminox Modern Mariner for dressier occasions.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I almost always wear a watch. At work, it’s a digital Casio G Shock. When I’m off it’s a classic Automatic Seiko Pepsi diver or my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra. Interesting timing on this thread, I’m seriously considering selling the Omega or trading for another Omega.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
My daily wear is a Marathon GSR. Very tough watch, but constantly runs fast, probably 5-6 minutes per month. Could use a cleaning I guess.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I wear a Casio Protrek if I'm out of the house, I don't really like to wear any sort of watch or jewelry at home.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 20+ watches in my collection. Almost all are automatic mechanical.

One watch that has been getting more wrist time is a Tissot solar T-Touch. The watch is light (titanium) with many features.

Internet image

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The $35 Timex Ironman from WalMart.

I've had two Eco Drives that eventually went kaput. I like the fancier watches, but can't bring myself to spending that kind of jack, although I do have a $400 Garmin triathlon watch.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I wear a Citizen BL5250-02L Eco Drive also. Liked it so much I bought two other Citizen Eco-Drives.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I wear a $70 Casio digital that I bought several years ago at Wally World. Never take it off.

Keeps perfect time, waterproof, etc, etc.

Never had to change batteries.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
SPEEDMASTER '57
OMEGA CO-AXIAL CHRONOGRAPH

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The last two times I didn’t wear a watch was in 2014. One of the days we had a quadruple shooting. The other I got into a wreck.

I was ordered to never forget my watch again.

Wink

For me it’s almost always an automatic, though I have 2 quartz watches and an eco drive Citizen I’ll sometimes wear.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Since 1958 --- Never

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a red Gshock worn every day..

Posts: 29 | Registered: March 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Apple Gen 3.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
A Seiko Kinetic for everyday wear. A cheap Timex for vacations.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I have 43 watches, between $250 and $8000, and only six of them are quartz.

I wear them in rotation, and keep the mechanical watches wound. I appreciate them all for what they do, and how they do it.

I have no showy watches or dressy watches - they are all pretty functional, from the Marathon JSAR to the Cartier Ferrari.

THE most accurate of the mechanical watches is a 1970 Breitling Navitimer 806.

The most accurate quartz is a 1978 Seiko Divers 150.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Casio Waveceptor solar analog.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
yep! definitely.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
With the advent of the smart phone you have a digital clock very accurate in your hand all the time, pretty much relegated the watch to a fashion piece for me.

I wear my iWatch during the week for casual wear, and have a nice Rolex for dress, couple of tweeners like a Luminox Black out for when I'm into that.

Otherwise no watch generally

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post