SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody Else Have Christmas Tree Up?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Else Have Christmas Tree Up? Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I put it upm2 weeks ago as well

My youngest is 8 and this is probably the last year she is a true believer.

I intend to enjoy my last year as Santa (until i get grandchildren) to the fullest

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Nope.

No tree at the house yet, or at our business.
We run a Christian (mainly Catholic) bookstore & Church Supply business. During the Thanksgiving weekend we start setting up about 15 trees around our store (well, we have 4 levels).
But never before Thanksgiving. We take the tatortodd approach.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yep, wife just finished putting lights on today. She just loves Christmas and wanted to put it up a couple weeks early this year so we did. She also will put up a second smaller one in the kitchen eating area.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
NO! That's illegal till after Thanksgiving.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
I’m divorced and live alone. I don’t bother putting up a tree. My son and his mom put up 2at her house, so I figure I even it out.

Same here but I have a 2nd tall Charlie Brown looking tree I bought at Walmart 15 years ago. It goes up on the dining room table takes 5 minutes.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I broke with tradition this year and put up our outdoor lights. Normally they go up between Black Friday and first of December. Our neighbors put theirs up already so it pushed me to get mine up. The tree will go up usual time.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Nope, not till the day after Thanksgiving.

My family usually go to my sister's place for Thanksgiving. When her two kids (both grown and moved out now) were younger, they were always anxious to get on toward Christmas. There was a rule: The Christmas stuff doesn't come out of storage until the Thanksgiving dinner is over and everything cleaned up. The kids were always "C'mon you guys, hurry up and finish eating so we can clean the table!" Big Grin

I haven't had a tree in years. I'd like to get a nice (non-Chinese-piece-of-crap, made-in-USA) artificial one, but as long as my roommate's damn cat is living I don't think it's a good idea. If the cat doesn't pull it over, my dog would likely destroy it trying to get to the cat.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My neighbor did the same. Went to COSTCO, bought a tree, and set it up to save the hassle. It’s been up for two weeks.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got a new tree last week and it's up now but it's not decorated yet.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is this "Christmas tree" thing you speak of?
No and it's going on 7 years since I've had one.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
An angel loses his wings for each day a tree is up before Thanksgiving! Wink Big Grin

Those lights are like Epstein though - they aren't going to hang themselves. :rimshot:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
absolutely not. My wife decorates in some fashion for all of the holidays. Currently we've got autumnal themed knick knacks all over the house. The commandment in our house is "thou shalt not overlap holidays" and I'd go so far as "there shall be at least one week cooling off before new shit goes up" Sadly, I'm overruled on that part.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we usually wait until Thanksgiving but the wife said she wanted to put it up tomorrow.

Stuff like this...I just say "yes dear".

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Nope, never. It would just be something to take back down so pointless to me. If I have the need, I can just put this on the TV and turn it on mute.

https://youtu.be/wYNtp2ajeBI

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
No and since no kids will be home for Christmas this year, we won't set one up.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nope, have not put up a tree or lights in 17 yrs since I shit canned my last wife. Waste of money that could be used for important things like ammo. Smile

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Nope, never. It would just be something to take back down so pointless to me. If I have the need, I can just put this on the TV and turn it on mute.

https://youtu.be/wYNtp2ajeBI

I'm assuming you don't have a wife and kids.

I never put up a Christmas tree in my place until my wife moved in. This year it'll wait until I get back home around Dec. 11th unless the wife feels adventurous and wants to pick out and set up the tree herself.

Normally we travel to France for Christmas when I'm not working so in that case we also don't bother getting a tree. But my in laws always have a tree set up though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Goes up the weekend before Thanksgiving, we generally have 15 to 20 people over for thanksgiving dinner and the wife likes the decorations to be up for the holiday dinner.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Naw, after Thanksgiving for the tree.

I did put my lights up last weekend though Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Ours won't go up for a couple more weeks, but just to put everybody in the spirit, here's a pic from last year. Our son had just given my wife a black kitten & every time we weren't looking, it'd climb into the tree.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post