SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody Else Have Christmas Tree Up?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Else Have Christmas Tree Up? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Two weeks ago my wife decided it was time to buy a 9' [Costco] Christmas tree. Because of the size of the box, and storage being upstairs, we decided to set up the tree. Even though I had a full hip replacement mid October, this was the easiest fake tree to set up - the first weekend of November.

And for my love it which means, it's lit all day/night and she insists the curtains are open.

I'm sure the neighbors must say, "wait, did you just see that too?" as they pass.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nope, not till the day after Thanksgiving.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

Same.

Tradition.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Agree.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16389 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I’m divorced and live alone. I don’t bother putting up a tree. My son and his mom put up 2at her house, so I figure I even it out.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's hers and mine tradition since meeting seven years ago, doing it that weekend after Thanksgiving Day. Except this year.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No- Most likely the Friday before Christmas I'll tie some pine branches together and call it a Christmas tree.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Tree?

I just go out and find a dead limb with some branches and hang some ammo on it.

You know, it’s A Cartridge In A Bare Tree.

Works for me.

If I can find an old photo I’ll post it.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Mine is up today, we have a small Charlie Brown tree in the Motorhome.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have two trees up, some other decorations. Not done yet. I have to get it done before Thanksgiving this year. I have a procedure the day before Thanksgiving, and I won't be able to do any heavy stuff for a couple of days.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wife bought a new Balsam Hill skinny tree. It’s been up for a week and a half since it arrived. At least it only weighs 20lbs.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23197 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Not until after Thanksgiving...we usually get a tree the following Saturday We won’t even listen to Christmas music before then. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday and deserves our full attention.

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Sorry but our tree has been up for 2 years ...orniments and trim removed ... sgt major of the war department has not given the marching orders to re-establish all of the trimmings... drill sgt.

Posts: 1996 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
We wanted to get a nice artificial tree. Something really pretty. Looked at the price. $700. Took the money and donated it to something my wife feels passionate about. It helped some good people.

So maybe on Thanksgiving, I’ll get the old raggly tree out if the garage (I think I brought it when we moved) and set it up. It’s not pretty, but that doesn’t really matter I guess.

Maybe next year we will have a big, beautiful tree.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I have a poinsettia that's about three years old and barely limping along... that'll be decoration enough at the House of Vthoky. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

At the earliest.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
House was decorated and tree was up on November 2nd. Lights outside the house went up two weeks ago.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Not this year. We’ll be traveling south over Christmas.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

That's hers and mine tradition since meeting seven years ago, doing it that weekend after Thanksgiving Day. Except this year.
The tradition in my family was to put up the tree on my birthday (21 Dec)--that made my birthday more "special"--and it stayed up until Epiphany (6 Jan). Over the years I was serving in USAF, and many years after, we maintained that tradition, which meant that the whole family, though phyically apart, was doing something together. When my sister had her sons, they didn't want to wait that long, so the tradition faltered. I still follow it (no reason not to), but I have no family still doing it with me. It is sad.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post