Find
Notify
Tools

Never forget Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry for the double topic 12131, I cant bring myself to remove my or any other pic of 9.11. I’m looking at both. I should be saying a prayer, but i’m still so angry and hateful, I’ll Let a mod remove mine. You were here 1st. I’m sorry.
My posting time was a minute off.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Two days that I will never forget.
  1. Pearl Harbor. I was just a couple of weeks short of my fifth birthday so I did not really understand what was happening, but I knew it was something serious because my family was in the living room of my grandmother's place, listening to the big floor-standing console radio. I had never seen them so serious. That is one of the last memories I have of my father, who had four months to live.

2. 9/11/2001. I stumbled through that day and the next in total shock. Every time I heard patriotic music (National Anthem, "America the Beautiful," or "God Bless America") on the radio, I could not help crying.
I was angry, I regretted that I was too old (just turning 64 at the time) to reenlist.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya V-Tail, I wasn’t around for the attack on Pearl but I would probably be just as angry and hateful as I am over 9.11.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I’m sorry for the double topic 12131, I cant bring myself to remove my or any other pic of 9.11. I’m looking at both. I should be saying a prayer, but i’m still so angry and hateful, I’ll Let a mod remove mine. You were here 1st. I’m sorry.
My posting time was a minute off.

Nothing to apologize for. We really thought about it and posted at the same time.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
"Some people did something..."

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a day. I don't allow myself to think about it often - after this post I will likely avoid the topic as long as I can.

Fate was such that my unit deployed shortly after 9/11 and we were able exact a large measure of retribution against those savages, which was very cathartic personally.

It doesn't make up for it, but having seen first hand what we did, I know they reaped the fucking whirlwind, which they never expected.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, 12131.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe it was 18 years ago.
Stopped everything to watch the news that day.
Twin Towers
Pentagon

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Mooslime Bastards

Let me find the transcript from Flight 93 phone call

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Transcript of Tom's Last Calls to Deena
6:27 a.m.( pacific time) First cell phone call from Tom to Deena
Deena: Hello
Tom: Deena
Deena: Tom, are you O.K.?
Tom: No, I’m not. I’m on an airplane that has been hijacked.
Deena: Hijacked?
Tom: Yes, They just knifed a guy.
Deena: A passenger?
Tom: Yes.
Deena: Where are you? Are you in the air?
Tom: Yes, yes, just listen. Our airplane has been hijacked. It’s United Flight 93 from Newark to San Francisco. We are in the air. The hijackers have already knifed a guy, one of them has a gun, they are telling us there is a bomb on board, please call the authorities. He hung up.

6:31 Deena calls 911

6:34 The phone rang in on call waiting, Tom’s second cell phone call.
Deena: Hello
Tom: They’re in the cockpit. The guy they knifed is dead.
Deena: He’s dead?
Tom: Yes. I tried to help him, but I couldn’t get a pulse.
Deena: Tom, they are hijacking planes all up and down the east coast. They are taking them and hitting designated targets. They’ve already hit both towers of the World Trade Center.
Tom: They’re talking about crashing this plane. (a pause) Oh my God. It’s a suicide mission…(he then tells people sitting around him)
Deena: Who are you talking to?
Tom: My seatmate. Do you know which airline is involved?
Deena: No, they don’t know if they’re commercial airlines or not. The newsreporters are speculating cargo planes, private planes and commercial. No one knows.
Tom: How many planes are there?
Deena: They’re not sure, at least three. Maybe more.
Tom: O.K….O.K….Do you know who is involved?
Deena: No.
Tom: We’re turning back toward New York. We’re going back to the World Trade Center. No, wait, we’re turning back the other way. We’re going south.
Deena: What do you see?
Tom: Just a minute, I’m looking. I don’t see anything, we’re over a rural area. It’s just fields. I’ve gotta go.
He hung up.

6:45 a.m. Third cell phone call from Tom to Deena
Tom: Deena
Deena: Tom, you’re O.K. (I thought at this point he had just survived the Pentagon plane crash).
Tom: No, I’m not.
Deena: They just hit the Pentagon.
Tom: (tells people sitting around him “They just hit the Pentagon.”)
Tom: O.K….O.K. What else can you tell me?
Deena: They think five airplanes have been hijacked. One is still on the ground. They believe all of them are commercial planes. I haven’t heard them say which airline, but all of them have originated on the east coast.
Tom: Do you know who is involved?
Deena: No
Tom: What is the probability of their having a bomb on board? I don’t think they have one. I think they’re just telling us that for crowd control.
Deena: A plane can survive a bomb if it’s in the right place.
Tom: Did you call the authorities?
Deena: Yes, they didn’t know anything about your plane.
Tom: They’re talking about crashing this plane into the ground. We have to do something. I’m putting a plan together.
Deena: Who’s helping you?
Tom: Different people. Several people. There’s a group of us. Don’t worry. I’ll call you back.

6:54 a.m. Fourth cell phone call to Tom to Deena
Deena: Tom?
Tom: Hi. Anything new?
Deena: No
Tom: Where are the kids?
Deena: They’re fine. They’re sitting at the table having breakfast. They’re asking to talk to you.
Tom: Tell them I’ll talk to them later
Deena: I called your parents. They know your plane has been hijacked.
Tom: Oh…you shouldn’t have worried them. How are they doing?
Deena: They’re O.K.. Mary and Martha are with them.
Tom: Good. (a long quiet pause) We’re waiting until we’re over a rural area. We’re going to take back the airplane.
Deena: No! Sit down, be still, be quiet, and don’t draw attention to yourself! (The exact words taught to me by Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Training).
Tom: Deena! If they’re going to crash this plane into the ground, we’re going to have do something!
Deena: What about the authorities?
Tom: We can’t wait for the authorities. I don’t know what they could do anyway.
It’s up to us. I think we can do it.
Deena: What do you want me to do?
Tom: Pray, Deena, just pray.
Deena: (after a long pause) I love you.
Tom: Don’t worry, we’re going to do something.
He hung up

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget, and MANY have. God bless President Donald Trump and may God BLESS the United States of America!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
A day I'll never forget.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Never forget!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Two days that I will never forget.
  1. Pearl Harbor. I was just a couple of weeks short of my fifth birthday so I did not really understand what was happening, but I knew it was something serious because my family was in the living room of my grandmother's place, listening to the big floor-standing console radio. I had never seen them so serious. That is one of the last memories I have of my father, who had four months to live.

2. 9/11/2001. I stumbled through that day and the next in total shock. Every time I heard patriotic music (National Anthem, "America the Beautiful," or "God Bless America") on the radio, I could not help crying.
I was angry, I regretted that I was too old (just turning 64 at the time) to reenlist.

Same here! I was too young for Pearl Harbor, and too old for 9/11.

I still tear up when I think about that massive loss of American lives on that day.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
May we never rest until all of the vile cowards that lash out from behind the cover of religion are worm food. If the worms will have them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
Flight 93 passed low over my house that morning (my son was off work and saw it). I live about a half-mile from the Johnstown Airport and 15 miles from the crash site. I had to pass the crash site about an hour afterward. No, I’ll never forget.

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A day that profoundly changed me, and many other Americans.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife worked the Pentagon crime scene for 10 days with her K-9 cadaver dog, along with about 3 dozen other dog teams. It was hard work, for handler and dog, working over concrete rubble piles looking for tiny bits of human DNA mostly. This day remains a sad one for her, every year. We never forget it.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post