SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    J&P Cycles founder passes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

J&P Cycles founder passes Login/Join 
posted
John Parham, 62, founder of J&P Cycle Accessories has passed away. Most Harley folks are familiar with their big catalog or been at their Sturgis, SD or Anamosa, IA stores. J&P became one of the largest suppliers of aftermarket parts for HD. John was also the founder of the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2887 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe he has been featured on "American Pickers".
I do want to see the Museum sometime. RIP.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, John has gotten a couple of bikes from the Picker guys who are also from Iowa. The Museum has a very wide collection of motorcycles and I hope his passing doesn't break it up. The last time I visited there were 9 Flying Merkels on the floor. Lots of HD stuff but plenty of other interesting items to view. I wasn't disappointed. The only issue I had was there are so many motorcycles that it is difficult to get good photos of details if you are looking for a particular view of something.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2887 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Got a lot of parts from that company when I restored my 80th anniversary FLH.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post