SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicken and sausage jambalaya with Elsie Pea protection...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicken and sausage jambalaya with Elsie Pea protection... Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Where is the dang recipe?

Don't make me get a can of whop ass! (J/k)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The thing about Wilson, as with all great story tellers, is that the entertainment is in the telling itself.

Explains his wonderful albums of which my folks had a collection, along with Tom Lehrer ones.

Absolutely loved to watch Justin's shows and loved how he made sure to include several stories.

"Way up north, around Shreveport..." Big Grin

My father used to make chicken etoufee in the crock pot. Man, that was good eatin', I garontee Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His " Cajun " schtick was very overblown . He was born in the Eastern part of Louisiana which is not known for a Cajun culture . He picked up that gimmick while traveling for work .

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You criticize the man's cooking and now you're starting in on Justin Wilson. What seems to be the problem? Are you here to straighten everyone out?

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wow. Roll Eyes

Seriously tempted to try out the ignore button.

Are you related to indy ffl ?

Confused

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Now that's a name we haven't heard for a while.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Now that's a name we haven't heard for a while.

You're right! Damn we've been around here longer than we thought.

As for the jambalaya, every time I look at the OP's picture I get the itch to whip up a batch. Yum!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My brain was stuck on, "who puts peas in jambalaya?"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Where is the dang recipe?

Don't make me get a can of whop ass! (J/k)

Linked on first page by Bald1...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Jambalaya is on the stove now. Smells D-lish-us!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post