SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicken and sausage jambalaya with Elsie Pea protection...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicken and sausage jambalaya with Elsie Pea protection... Login/Join 
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Never eaten jambalaya, does it burn your gut?

It's one of those dishes like chili, gumbo and curry that have many variations, and you can adjust the spice level to your liking. I would consider most jambalaya recipes to be in the mild to moderate spice level.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Looks very tasty !

Uncle Ben's White Rice?

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Never eaten jambalaya, does it burn your gut?

It's one of those dishes like chili, gumbo and curry that have many variations, and you can adjust the spice level to your liking. I would consider most jambalaya recipes to be in the mild to moderate spice level.

Appreciate you explaining, sometimes this old body balks at spicy foods, but it looks good in the OP's kettle.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Oh brother does that ever look good!! I just got a new cast iron casserole pan/Dutch oven been thinking about what I should make for its maiden voyage. You have given me a idea!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Sample 1 quart jar sent overnight to Mississippi or it didn't happen....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I,too, was a Justin fan. I got a great jambalaya recipe from a cooking school that I signed up for in New Orleans. The weather is finally cooling down here in So. Az. and it is time for those kind of dishes to be prepared.....YUM!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Justin Wilson belongs in the “Do you remember when” thread. I remember when he was just a standup comic with record albums. He and Brother Dave Gardner were my favorites. I got a bunch of his albums for free once. I had an uncle that owned a small A.M. radio station. On of his DJs played JW’s albums one night. My uncle got a call from the FCC at 2 in the morning about the inappropriate content being broadcast on his station. I got 6-7 albums the next day as a result. Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I got a great jambalaya recipe from a cooking school that I signed up for in New Orleans.

Didn't you forget something? Wink

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I Love Makin this in my Dutch oven.. I even grill the chicken thighs before adding them to the pot..its the only thing that is as good as my chili

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Damn... now I'm craving some. Smile

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I got a great jambalaya recipe from a cooking school that I signed up for in New Orleans.

Didn't you forget something? Wink

I would post mine but I don't really measure the spices so it's hard to share

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Tip: the sausage flavor and heat are very important. The sausage gives up it's flavor to the chicken and rice, leaving the sausage bland. To make the jambalaya or gumbo especial, replace the spent sausage with fresh sauteed sausage near the end of the cook. I slice up two pounds of sausage, saute, then divide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cne32507,

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite stories from Joo-stan

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks kind of soupy for a Jambalaya . More like a Gumbo . Not criticizing , just an observation . I'm sure it was great .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Looks kind of soupy for a Jambalaya . More like a Gumbo .
You missed this part of his post:
quote:
this will stew in its own spicy juices (in the fridge when it cools) until tomorrow.
IOW, it ain't finished in that photo.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sign me up.

It looks great, and is one of my all time favorites.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Looks kind of soupy for a Jambalaya . More like a Gumbo .
You missed this part of his post:
quote:
this will stew in its own spicy juices (in the fridge when it cools) until tomorrow.
IOW, it ain't finished in that photo.
I guess we interpret his post differently . Smile

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

One of my favorite stories from Joo-stan

"I tear 'em up too damn bad, I garontee." Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing about Wilson, as with all great story tellers, is that the entertainment is in the telling itself.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Jambalaya and Red Beans and Rice are my two favorite Cajun dishes. Yours looks great and is definitely inspiring to make a good batch of both soon!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post