SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicken and sausage jambalaya with Elsie Pea protection...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicken and sausage jambalaya with Elsie Pea protection... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
It's been 8-9 months since I cooked one up...based on Justin Wilson's recipe Smile...this will stew in its own spicy juices (in the fridge when it cools) until tomorrow...it is good Big Grin.

Since no one else but me knew of its creation, I felt the Elsie Pea would suffice...if word got out, I would have to break out something heavier Wink...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hot damn! Some down home!

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Word just got out!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Whooooweee !

That's some delicious looking jambalaya, i garontee Big Grin

Miss our Justin Wilson, God rest his Cajun soul.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The recipe: http://recipes.epicurean.com/r...usage-jambalaya.html

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh,yeah. I lubs me some jambalaya. I've made it a few times for company. I think my concoction stemmed from a recipe that was based on goat. But I didn't have any on hand Big Grin, so substituted chicken and sausage. It was just fine. Yours looks very good.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Drool... That looks fantastic! Good work!

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That looks way too good!!

So, where is the recipe?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Man I’m slow tonight. I kept wondering who Elsie Pea was and why she needed protection.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Don't let Newman find out. Looks delish. I was going to make salmon-fennel chowder tomorrow but am considering jumbalaya now.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
It turned pretty cold around here tonight. That pot looks so very inviting!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Yes please!

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I loved Justins show...

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Never eaten jambalaya, does it burn your gut?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Never eaten jambalaya, does it burn your gut?

Take this w/ a bit-o-salt, as I'm a northerner in love w/ the stuff.
Yes, it will have some heat. Most(all) recipes will call for some cayenne pepper. Also, On-do-ee saw-sage(Andouille sausage) is pretty much a must. So yeah, It's got a little kick in the background.

But up Nort here, I reduce tha spice a lil bit. I don't blame spice for my acid reflux. I just consider it to be aggravation of a pre-existing problem.

You could always halve the red pepper and use a different sausage to start.
It's also good to split the pepper into three parts. One part Red, one part Black, and one part White pepper. It makes for a nice blend. Adjust it to your liking.

For reference, I follow Chef Paul Prudhomme's recipes and they pretty much kick may ass.
But I keep coming back for more.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Does not have to be hot. My wife forces me to make it mild. When I make my plate it cover it in Tony's hottest stuff.

I love jambalaya. Can eat on it for days.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Cooking good and looking good.
I bet your kitchen had a wonderful aroma.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Wow that looks good

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post