SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fridgidaire Affinity Dryer Repair/Replace
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fridgidaire Affinity Dryer Repair/Replace Login/Join 
posted
I have tried to "repair" my dryer but it seems that the main control board has a "stuck" contact point and cannot be repaired.

I pulled everything out and cleaned it. The element works great. Not sure if thermistor, thermal limiter, etc are in tact as there is a whole slew of error codes. As the "dryness" option is the contact that is stuck, I cannot clear codes.

Otherwise, I am looking for a cheap, no frills clothes dryer. The only things that I require are that it is dependable and has a stainless steel drum.

I consider anything less than $500.00 cheap but prefer

Any suggestions?

Posts: 377 | Location: North Mosquito County, FL | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For cheap and reliable in all of my rental properties I put Whirlpool/maytag. GE has been the worst for longevity, Frigidaire has been mixed.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
speed queen
https://speedqueen.com/product...3TW01#build-your-own

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank Jimmy and Side Shot.

$701.00 for the "cheap" Speedqueen. Does that sound about right? Never priced one. That is a dealer in Orlando. They have never been cheap but often have sales.....just not on this one at this time.

Posts: 377 | Location: North Mosquito County, FL | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigPuppy:
Thank Jimmy and Side Shot.

$701.00 for the "cheap" Speedqueen. Does that sound about right? Never priced one. That is a dealer in Orlando. They have never been cheap but often have sales.....just not on this one at this time.

i would say thats not bad i searched for the mechanical controls electric model ADE3SRGS173TW01

in NH locale is like 779.00 we dont have sales tax

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post