New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chrome help Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
Periodically my system gets really, really, slow. Check performance and CPU is busy as hell, bounces between 30-80%, but no "job" is running.

Only application shown is something called "noad toptv". I can't kill it. Does this load as part of Chrome? If so, how do I prevent it? Or is it one of those "neat" things about Chrome?

It really slows my system down after a little while.

Thanks

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
noad toptv

Google fu came up with this:

https://malwarefixes.com/remove-noad-variance-tv/

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it's malware.

Google it and get it off your computer.

https://malwarefixes.com/remove-noad-variance-tv/

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well, some time has passed, have done the recommended procedures several times, downloaded some malware correction/removal packages, none of them help. I might try setting up firefox again. But the last several times I have done that, it won't let me run it. Some nonsense about security certificates, or some such.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post