SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New 2019 Honda Monkey motorcycle
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2019 Honda Monkey motorcycle Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Is it just me or does this thing look like a crap ton of fun. The Groms are nice with all the customization options but this is super cool with the retro look of the original monkey.

https://powersports.honda.com/...px?forcedesktop=true

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m way too tall to ride that thing. It does look like it would be fun for someone shorter than 5’8” though.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this and at $4000.00 they will sell a ton!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
It does look like fun. Too bad it's a racist product.

How are things in Charlotte right now? Are you feeling the hurricane?

Posts: 8598 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
When I was 12 or 14 and weighed 100-ish pounds, I'd have given my left nut for one.

Now? Don't see the attraction and DAMN sure don't see my crippled old ass riding one.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15176 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I’m way too tall to ride that thing. It does look like it would be fun for someone shorter than 5’8” though.

30.6" seat height. Not much different from a standard motorcycle. 45.5" wheelbase is much shorter though.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer the Honda Primate. Gotta be careful with product naming.

Posts: 17168 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
In '82 Devon Honda had a leftover 125cc on/off road motor-scooter thing they could not manage to practically give away for $500. Wow, 125cc sure has risen in value.

The 1970 450 CL was my first Honda. They made a damn nice product.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Sweet Rhesus! When will the PC nightmare end?

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Sweet Rhesus! When will the PC nightmare end?

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15176 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Looks like the old trail 70 bike they use to have.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
$4000 seems way too high. I guess the nostalgic chrome accents warrants the price.

I'd like to have one though.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that muffler guard on the right leg is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Better get a better designer.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
$4000 seems way too high. I guess the nostalgic chrome accents warrants the price.

I'd like to have one though.
Insanely high. It’s basically a great pit bike/camp bike that’s $4000.

Posts: 3872 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Yeah, that muffler guard on the right leg is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Better get a better designer.

I was thinking there is no way that exhaust design is going to be comfortable under the leg, even with pants on. Other than that looks like fun but the exhaust placement is going to be a BIG hurdle to overcome for most people that know better and/or have owned or ridden other bikes.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Looks like the old trail 70 bike they use to have.

That's what I was thinking. First bike I spent any time on. Tons of fun as a kid.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks a bit more like the Honda 50 I used to ride than the 70 imho, still a cool looking bike, if I had a farm....

Posts: 23218 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Scrambler style pipes are cool. As long as you don’t remove the heat shield you will be fine. My first bike had one.

I finally saw one of these in the wild while in Australia touring Melbourne with a fellow sigforum member. The Monkey is a SWEEEET little bike. I’m tempted to get one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank! I have the feeling that SF is going to cost me more money Mad

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post