SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thermapen Sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thermapen Sale Login/Join 
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted
For anyone interested, ThermoWorks has their classic Thermapen on sale for $59. (Usually $79)

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's scary Eek

I like the Zombie green one.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I have one, its well worth it at that price.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I paid $96 in Dec 2013 and it has been worth every penny. Still going strong. All I've done is clean it and occasionally replaced batteries.

To put it in perspective, I got 14 months out of a Amazon highly rated $21 competitor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! But also damn you! I told myself I wouldn't order anything else this credit card cycle but I know in the long run this is a smart purchase.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Any one have the Thermapen mk4? I like the idea of it using a AAA battery instead of expensive CR2032s. Also I tend to forget my thermometer (not Thermapen) outside sometimes, I've lost one to rain already. The idea of it being water proof is really nifty.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Any one have the Thermapen mk4? I like the idea of it using a AAA battery instead of expensive CR2032s. Also I tend to forget my thermometer (not Thermapen) outside sometimes, I've lost one to rain already. The idea of it being water proof is really nifty.

I have one of each. The MK4 is nice I really like the back lit feature as it's sometimes dark when doing long smokes like briskets or pork butts. I have left the classic Thermapen sitting outside on my smoker overnight in a down pour and it still works fine.

I think they are rated splash proof and not water proof which surprised me that when left out all night in the rain it still works.

These are my most prized tool for BBQ/smoking. I use simple oven thermometers that I buy for $3 to monitor smoke chamber temps. Actually I don't even look at them half the time.

The classic Thermapen is a nice buy at $59.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I have the MK4 and really like it. I use a Classic at work on a regular basis.
The features I like best in order from best to least, over the Classic.
-Back lit
-Automatic off/on after being idle.
-better waterproofing
-AAA battery
-rotating display depending on how you hold it.

I got around to using the Mk4 for the first time homebrewing last month and the back light and instant reading of various places in the mash replaced the squinting at the tiny F/C scale on my liquid analog thermometer. Way easier. My buddy wants one now.

But for that price, the Classic is a good choice.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Nice. Ordered. Thanks for the heads-up. I've been meaning to order one for a while. You saved me a few bucks. Cheers!

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We like to give Thermopens as gifts; let's see if there's someone who still needs one... Cool

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
One of the best damn cooking tools on the planet. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Another happy MK4 owner. IMHO you can't go wrong with either the MK4 or the original Thermapen.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got an email that the red MK4 is on sale for $79.20 for the next week.

http://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4?color=16

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:

Damn you SIGforum! There goes my discretionary budget next week.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Haha sorry! I was posting with you in mind specifically.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Haha sorry! I was posting with you in mind specifically.

Well, I forgot to order it last week. Had it up on my screen and went off to do something else and never finished order. So of course the sale is over (was only Red ones), luckily they are doing a 15% off anything promo now, so I got it for almost the same price.

Going to test it out this weekend hopefully for Mother's Day, now to make plans for Mom.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any one have the Thermapen mk4? I like the idea of it using a AAA battery instead of expensive CR2032s.
Ace Hardware sells a card / blister pack of 2032 batteries.

Nine of them on a card, $4.95 (or was it $4.99?)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Any one have the Thermapen mk4? I like the idea of it using a AAA battery instead of expensive CR2032s.
Ace Hardware sells a card / blister pack of 2032 batteries.

Nine of them on a card, $4.95 (or was it $4.99?)

Ended up with mk4. Will be trying on NY Strip Roast or Prime Rib Sunday with my mommy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:

What do you have to do to get the sale price? I just clicked on your link and it's showing $99.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

What do you have to do to get the sale price? I just clicked on your link and it's showing $99.

Use code SITEWIDE15OFF to get a 15% price reduction.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post