SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone on the wait list for this scotch?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone on the wait list for this scotch? Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I was afraid a bottle of the stuff might be too expensive for my budget, but as it turns out, they're only going to charge $65,000.00 for a 750 ml bottle of it.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to get a bottle and mix it with Tab.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:

God, what a savage.

Everyone knows it has to be Mexican Coke.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I was afraid a bottle of the stuff might be too expensive for my budget, but as it turns out, they're only going to charge $65,000.00 for a 750 ml bottle of it.

Might as well grab a case, then.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I find Macallan to be too sweet, in general.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:

God, what a savage.

Everyone knows it has to be Mexican Coke.

Dr. Pepper

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
It is on long wait list!

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good with Root Beer, too.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to blend it with Canadian Club to make it last longer !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Bet this will work wonders as an antiseptic.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I just want the crystal.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
72 years? Like thats a good thing? OF COURSE it has a strong oak flavor. Probably has a strong moldy flavor, with a hint of mouse droppings too. Yuk. An over looked barrel, long forgotten about.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
How many to a case? Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Well that's just crazy!

When I want Scotch I just get the cheap stuff at Costco, and no waiting on a list.

...and like the Beatles I take mine with regular CocaCola - NOT DIET Coke!

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I will have to swing by the distillery in August and ask for a dram.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
So by extrapolation this would mean holding on to a really good bottle of Scotch for 72 years (or a barrel of it as it were) is a good investment. But can anyone really resist the temptation of having it around for that long?

I bet whoever gets one of those bottles could probably drink the scotch and recoup a large portion of their buy in by auctioning off just the empty decanter. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Agreed, but then I tend towards the peat. Lagavulin, Laphroig, and such.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well.... it does come in a nice bottle....

“The Macallan 72 Years Old in Lalique is a celebration of the collaboration of masters from across the fields of whisky, crystal, architecture, construction and craftsmanship and marks a new beginning in The Macallan story,” the brand explains of the product which was inspired by the aforementioned new distillery. “This exceptionally rare whisky is presented in a unique and bespoke crystal decanter and presentation case that are defined by the outstanding architectural complexity of our new brand home.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Agreed, but then I tend towards the peat. Lagavulin, Laphroig, and such.

I like Macallan's 18 yo, really good scotch. Lagavulin and the rest of the peat stuff I could never really enjoy. And I've tried.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post