SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rachel Dolezal - an update. UPDATE on P4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rachel Dolezal - an update. UPDATE on P4 Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Well that answers the question that had haunted her parents...now they knew why she always insisted they plant cotton Wink...

"As she toiled in the garden for her strict, Evangelical parents, she’d dream of freeing her inner blackness, Dolezal writes in “In Full Color: Finding My Place in a Black and White World.”

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She is shameless and desperate. That's a bad combination.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - R.W. Emerson

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ironically, her new black husband, who she met in Mississippi, wanted her to look as white as possible.

He said, woman I gots to go you a special kind of crazy!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If you want to listen to her world view straight from the horse's ass....

quote:
msn.com

Rachel Dolezal talks with NBCBLK's Amber Payne about identifying as trans-Black instead of trans-racial, how she got her new Nigerian name, why she ultimately felt she couldn't be more effective as a white ally and her new book, "In Full Color: Finding My Place in a Black and White World."

trans-racialized

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Her family as a girl are from my part of the world where I was raised. I feel for those folks, she has certainly caused some pain and shame I'm sure.

Same here, and in fact, I went to school with a Dolezal. Not sure if there is any relation, but given that it's not a common name and a relatively small geographic area, maybe.

Anyway, as I understand it, she was raised up in the Yaak. I suspect that her folks were amongst the many goofy people/families that live up there, and if so, they are as much to blame for her outcome as anyone.

Separatists, crazy factions of Christianity, anti-immunization type folks.... They are all whack-jobs and that their kids turn out crazy is not at all a surprise.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Her greatest accomplishment is that she wore out her welcome faster than the Kardashians.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway, as I understand it, she was raised up in the Yaak.

"The Yaak" - I've heard of this. I'm surprised it's as known and prevalent as it is. Montana's version of hillbillies, I guess.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Montana's version of hillbillies, I guess.

We've got more than our share.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Anyway, as I understand it, she was raised up in the Yaak.

"The Yaak" - I've heard of this. I'm surprised it's as known and prevalent as it is. Montana's version of hillbillies, I guess.

Yaak has become a motorcycle destination with a stop at the "Dirty Shame Saloon". Maybe that's how you heard about it.

20-25 years ago, the area kind of reminded me of the movie Deliverance. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

But apparently she is what a losing poker player calls "pot committed" and she won't bow out.

And all she really wants is to be the kettle.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

But apparently she is what a losing poker player calls "pot committed" and she won't bow out.

And all she really wants is to be the kettle.....
Makes sense. It sounds like she was raised by Ma and Pa Kettle.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Shithouse rats are sane and stable in comparison.

A civil society group Understanding Decolonization and Cultural Appropriation started a petition to stop Dolezal from speaking at the event. The petition already has over 50 signatures.

quote:
US 'transracial' activist to visit SA

South Africa | 9 April 2017
BULELWA PAYI

Cape Town – Rachel Dolezal, a US race activist who identifies herself as black despite being born white, is to visit South Africa.

Dolezal will be the special guest at an event intended to promote a dialogue about a non-racial South Africa.

However, no further details on dates or venue have been confirmed yet.

Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal File picture: Anthony Quintano/NBC News via AP

She will attend an inaugural event of the group, Quest for Non Racial South African Society Dialogue, which promotes racial harmony among South Africans.

Her visit comes at a time when the country is still facing racial incidents as a result of the legacy of apartheid.

The group’s founder, Bishop Clyde Ramalaine, said Dolezal had successfully transitioned race, a stark reality for many.

In 2015 she was accused of deception after her parents said she was white.

She subsequently resigned as head of a US anti-racism organisation, saying the rejection she had faced meant she had been unable to find a job.

She also recently changed her name, saying she should now be known as Nkechi Amare Diallo.

Dolezal believes the idea of race is “a lie” and that the concept of “transracial” – similar to that of transgender – is useful in describing people such as herself.

“Race is a lie. How can I be accused of lying about a lie?” she has been quoted as saying in the media.

She has written a book about her experience, In Full Color: Finding My Place in a Black and White World, in which she recounts her “quest to find herself in a black and white world”.

Edited to reflect Para's comment re: original source.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I don't know that I would want to be in south africa right now as a white person that pisses black people off

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope she's in South Africa. They deal with race differently than we do in America.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This "heat street" site is about to be blocked from being posted in SIGforum. I just don't like the sensationalistic nature of the site, no matter if we agree with their point of view or not. I get a real bad vibe from that site, don't like it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
New term from the crazy woman MSLSD video ----> Racial fluidity. I could make several jokes about fluids and this woman, but its just too easy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Every time I think about this woman, an old Joni Mitchell tune, 'Twisted', gets into my head and I hear the Cheech and Chong verbalization's within that song.

l have to put on some music to get rid of it.

'The chick is twisted.'

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently this Daffy bat is going to be on Dr. Phil on Monday. That should be good...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My question is who gives a damn? Why give a crazy woman even one minute of fame?

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post