New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army/Navy Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
The Game will be December 8th this year.

I have a friend who was Army Special Forces himself and has TWO sons on active duty who graduated from the USAFA. He sent me this video that was done by CBS Sports for last year’s (2017) Army/Navy game. It’s beautifully done.

I have another friend who is still serving in the U.S. Army. He has a son playing football at USAFA. Fact is though...the Army/Navy game has been played about twice as long as the Air Force Academy has been in existence.

You’ll enjoy this:

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Very well done.
Thank you.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
that is a good one, thanks for posting. What are they doing for this year's game?

Go Navy, Beat Army! (What pretty much nobody else knows is that every plebe at USNA has to "square their corners" inside Bancroft Hall - the 4,500 person dormitory at USNA. There are steel plates in the middle of every hallway intersection, which is where the plebes make their 90 degree turns. In my day, all plebes "chopped" inside the building, which is a slow run down the middle of the hallway. Where ever, and when ever you left your room.

At every turn, you'd yell out "Go Navy" or "Beat Army". Not loud enough? Any upperclassman could/would stop you and have you go back and do it again. Or stop you and screw with you for a while, then have you go back and do it again. Every lunch and dinner (again, all ~4,500 midshipmen sitting in one big hall at tables of 12), it would be like doing the wave, as the Go Navy! Beat Army! would go from table to table up and down the hall.

Win the game? Plebes get to "carry on" for a while, at least through Christmas break. Meaning, no chopping, no requirement to memorize "rates" (Officer of the Day, Midshipman officer of the watch, menus for the next three meals, etc). Lose the game? tighten up kiddies, the next few weeks will suck even more.

It is basically the same at USMA, just inverted. with shorter words and duller crayons... Smile

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
The only players willing to sacrifice their lives for those who watch them play.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Great story, fd, thank you for sharing.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
USAFA is like the little brother you pay no attention to.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I believe College Game Day will be there this year.

No way it will live up to the game last year, but will definitely be watching!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
USAFA is like the little brother you pay no attention to.

I suppose, except for the CIC’s Trophy

quote:
The trophy has been awarded to Air Force [20] times, Navy 15 times, and Army 6 times, with 4 ties. The President of the United States often awards the trophy himself at the White House for its presentation. Air Force currently holds the trophy [ actually Army holds the Trophy, and the Trophy will stay at West Point, no matter what happens in the Game. ].

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
That teared me up. Thank you for posting.
My daughter graduated from USNA 5 years ago. My nephew is a current cadet at USMA.
My dad, grandfather to both, has a "house divided" Army/Navy license plate frame.

When my daughter was at Navy, they won every Army/Navy game. Of course, times change. Army looks good this year.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Parents were so prominently featured in that video, chellim, that it would be difficult for you NOT to tear up.

Our daughter attended the summer session at the Air Force Academy between her junior and senior year of HS. She returned home from it saying, “It’s not for me.” Later, I talked to the ALO from the USNA (a Marine captain) that also offered. He said, “Too bad she didn’t come to Annapolis; she would have liked it.” Unfortunately, the summer programs occurred at the same time.

God Bless your daughter and keep her safe.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I suppose, except for the CIC’s Trophy
Nah, only one game matters all year.

Army / Navy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Got my tickets! Can’t wait!

We try to go every year. Great time.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post