SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there such thing as a comfortable travel/neck pillow?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there such thing as a comfortable travel/neck pillow? Login/Join 
posted
For you frequent fliers, have you found a travel pillow that's actually comfortable? I don't understand how people use those U shaped ones, they just push my neck forward, super uncomfortable.

I'm traveling a lot more in my new job and am trying to figure out how to get some sleep on the super cramped flights.

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I got this one from amazon.com and have been very happy with it.

It's inflatable and takes up very little space when deflated.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Yes, the pillows on a first class sleeping "cabin" lay-flat bed are comfortable.

Other than that, no pillow, especially in steerage (economy) are comfortable.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
these are supposed to be the nuts! LMAO

https://www.vat19.com/item/ost...WM6yPlRoCy3MQAvD_BwE

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
On our trip to Europe I saw lots of the U shaped pillows. People wore then on their necks as the walked through the terminals. Very strange.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
these are supposed to be the nuts! LMAO

https://www.vat19.com/item/ost...WM6yPlRoCy3MQAvD_BwE

Wow, talk about being an easy target Eek

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I use the Trtl. It's like a plastic neck brace that you cinch down around your neck with a fleece scarf. I like that it's tall and actually stiff enough to support your head. Downside is that it's like wearing a scarf, which can get warm.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I got this one from amazon.com and have been very happy with it.

It's inflatable and takes up very little space when deflated.

Used it on a 13hr flight from D.C. to Dubai. Worked better than most and good enough to use when I return.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
YESSS! My brother put me on to this one and I carry it everywhere. It's the only one truly comfortable and you can sleep sitting up because it supports your head and neck.

https://www.amazon.com/Cabeau-...olution+pillow&psc=1

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post